⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee it was windy today. Headphones would have been the go. It was hard to concentrate with all the noise. Still managed a nice little clunker from a bit over 6". Just the faintest of sounds. Kicked away about 2" of leaf litter and the rest is history. Looks like the rake needs to come out again. Who needs to be a member of a gym when you detect for gold....
1502088870_img_0235.jpg

Cheers

Les

Today I got off to a late start so I ended up at a spot near Castlemaine that I have hammered with the SDC. Someone else had given it a hiding as well. Fired up the 5000 with the 12" Evo and picked up three little pieces that went .67 gm. Perhaps two a little deeper than the SDC would have been comfortable with but pretty happy that the 5000 sees that size gold.
Had trouble with the wet red clays and should have adjust the gain and stabiliser. I was running gain on 17 and stabiliser on 8. So I will have to adjust that. Anyway here is the pic.
1502273808_img_2210.jpg

Well done bill s . Might pay to go back over the same spot running your gain down a bit lower. I've never been able to run much higher than 11 or 12 with the 12 evo but still pick up the tiny pieces. Ya never know but some may of been hiding in the ground noise.

BillS said:
Today I got off to a late start so I ended up at a spot near Castlemaine that I have hammered with the SDC. Someone else had given it a hiding as well. Fired up the 5000 with the 12" Evo and picked up three little pieces that went .67 gm. Perhaps two a little deeper than the SDC would have been comfortable with but pretty happy that the 5000 sees that size gold.
Had trouble with the wet red clays and should have adjust the gain and stabiliser. I was running gain on 17 and stabiliser on 8. So I will have to adjust that. Anyway here is the pic.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7764/1502273808_img_2210.jpg
Well done BillS. Got to be happy with that :Y:

Well done BillS,

The 5000/Evo and SDC should be a good combo. Wouldn't like to be walking in your footsteps, there would be nothing left. lol

Cheers

Les

BillS said:

Nice work Bill. In that red clay in the triangle, I'd be getting the Gain down around 10. You'll probably find the machine is super quiet, so you can ease off a bit on the Stabilizer, say around 11. Those small bits will still be easy meat for the 5000 and 12" Evo.

1502358602_20170810_192443.jpg

Even though the gold doesn't always flow, with each dig comes many a story both present and past.

Just some of the stuff I couldn't throw out from my 6mths detecting. There would be a few bucket loads of junk that I have thrown out too. And also a few larger items I decided to keep for keepsake.

Oh and that top plastic container has all the bird shot I have found too..lol

Good Luck Everybody
:)

6mths meaning, on my days off work and whilst kids at school. lol

Research does help a lot, location location location. But a bit of luck walking over the yellow doesn't go astray. More time swinging, more time pinging.

Good day hAyyoUinAU (I'll just call you mate ;) )

Oh and that top plastic container has all the bird shot I have found too..lol

You've only been going for 6 months & to quote the Mitsubishi add.... "you're gunna have to get a bigger plastic container mate".
I've been chasing it for about 3 years & could have filled a bucket by now.
But as they say if you're finding the sh1t shot you'll find the yellow :Y:

Rob.

Picked up this little piece today. Someone had raked a mound about 6 months ago. Thought I'd better do the right thing and double check their work. Glad I did. It came out in the first scrape. Maybe it was the rain that we had recently or more than likely, the coil wasn't placed over the target. Makes you wonder how you could miss it. But then again, my detecting buddy went back to a small area that we raked and CAREFULLY detected a couple of months ago and pulled a 2 grammar. (Last weekend) He said it was an obvious signal....... sometimes this just does your head in. Anyway, gold is where you find it.

Cheers

Les
1502434426_img_0239.jpg

Latest posts