⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys,

Just got the low down from Larry about his detector, he said he picked it up in China on his way over here. Got it cheap from an alibaba client and it is a GPY6000. Apparently it is a souped up GPX5000 that performs the same as a GPZ7000.

Personally I think he got ripped off. It doesn't seem to work very good at all. He might be better off using our Gold Monster.

Have to go now as it's Larry's shout and I don't want to miss that.

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Ok guys,

Just got the low down from Larry about his detector, he said he picked it up in China on his way over here. Got it cheap from an alibaba client and it is a GPY6000. Apparently it is a souped up GPX5000 that performs the same as a GPZ7000.

Personally I think he got ripped off. It doesn't seem to work very good at all. He might be better off using our Gold Monster.

Have to go now as it's Larry's shout and I don't want to miss that.

Cheers

Doug

This shits me.

Hmmmm, is it a PI or a VLF machine, if its a VLF then a Garret Ace250 will be on par, if its a PI machine, who knows, but I doubt the chinks have copied these.
I saw a Chinese machine, labeled as Minelab GPX5000 but the user interface is different.
If you buy a Chinese machine, you get Chinese results, need I say more?
I'm a firm believer of " you pay for what you get."
That's my 10 worth.
Cheers,
Paul

This weekends find from the west.

1500817291_img_4144.jpg

Anyone who's upset about Larry's detector have a look at post's 5324 & 5325 it was a bit of fun. I'll stop it now sorry for any confusion.

Had a great 2 days detecting, Friday scored 12 grams of species after crushing and running through the gold wheel [top of the picture]. Then had a great day out with Sharon [MY wife] and managed to score a beautiful pure 4.2 gram nugget at 2 feet in pipe clay. The nugget has only been cleaned in water and the colour is amazing, this is the best example I have found so far when it comes to pureness.

1500858948_img_20170724_084218.jpg

My best find was a nice nugget, but this was about 35years ago.
I bought a Garrett Groundhog, which I still have, but only recently got it out with a renewed enthusiasm in prospecting.
I remember driving out to a mullock heap near Creswick Vic, and realised that I had forgotten to bring my headset.
I hated using my detector without it as I could not hear all those faint sounds of the finer gold.
It was too far to go back home to get them, I was very annoyed and remember thinking I was going to have a bad day, but decided to try without them.
I had only walked about 4 meters from the car and BEEP! As quick as I heard the sound, I looked down and saw it, a 1.5 oz nugget sitting on the top.
That's luck for you...

Hi Folks,

Another small find from the south coast. It was hard work bush bashing around the old mine sites. Getting a coil on the ground was challenging and frustrating at times. Concentrating on threshold noise was quite difficult as I tended to curse every time the coil caught on a branch or tuft of grass. Why is it that every piece of vegetation has arms that grab detector coils and won't let go? Anyway, it's all still good fun.

Cheers

Les

1500972582_img_0196.jpg

Bills the gramer will come eventually . I've got 3 over a gram with the sdc but hundreds of hrs put in. Gotta think outside the box a bit. One was under power lines , one right up hard against bedrock so I think other coils couldn't get close enough and the other up under a tree stump ,same deal I don't think bigger coils could get in under properly. Keep looking at you'll get one eventually. Best part is all those small ones add up over time.

paul_mac1 said:
BillS said:
A few hours a Maryborough today with not much to show. Two tiny pieces. The gram more allusive than ever.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7764/1500973884_img_0404.jpg

Mate, that's pretty good, I drove 7hrs from Adelaide to Wedderburn, had 4 days detecting, got 2 tiny bits then drove 7hrs back home....... :|

Cheers,
Paul

Paul if we did it for money we'd be broke real quick. It's a bit like fishing, it's better to quickly forget the bad days and just count our good ones. I'm sure that's why the tax man leaves us alone. If they tried to tax our winnings then we could claim our expenses and we all know who the the winner would be then :)

Haha! Yes your right Phil, I wasn't complaining, just saying 2 pieces for a couple of hours isn't bad.
I gave the caravan a run, and it didn't fall apart, the gold was a bonus.

Cheers,
Paul

BillS said:
Not complaining just frustrated that it has not come.

Get over it Bill.
Not complaining, just frustrated! They are same mate.

I've been detecting for the last twelve months and have been getting gold on most trips, but not one bit of gold is one gram or over. I'm quite happy to be getting that. :Y:

Every bit of gold is a blessing in disguise because I'm healthy enough to be able to get out there detecting for gold and digging it up. :Y:
Cheers, d4g

All golds sweet but its good to have a goal with your finds, nothing wrong with getting frustrated I think. It can and should make you more determined than ever to achieve your benchmark.

Latest posts