⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is the last of what I could find under the Power Lines :) In the Patch I was working last weekend :)
1498894928_30jun2017rushworth.jpg

1498894954_30june17rushworth.jpg

1.610 Grams :D
Total for the Patch ( 5x5 metres ) 6.766 Grams :eek: :D :D
I Am sure there is still more there :| But the small trees so close together make it hard to get the coil near the ground :( :(
:D Was VERY nice to find a small patch ........ Then rape and pillage it :lol: :lol:

kurra said:
BillS said:

Hi BillS,

I noticed you have been using your SDC to find your recent gold, and a big congratulations to you, well done. I was just wondering if you then run your GR over the ground to see if it can find anything that maybe the SDC missed? Do you still use your GR much?, K

To be honest I don't use the Goldracer much in the Goldfields anymore. I did run it over ground I have found gold in before but had no success. I have been out a few times with a mate who only has the GR and he is yet to find gold.

bushpig said:
Probably the deepest nugget I've ever found at approx 2 and a half foot in the clay. Straight after this the GPZ went into meltdown and will be going back to Minelab.

Ripper BP .... most detectors really punch deep into clay (even the SDC has pinged coins at 18") but that's a real nice pickup with the Z .... ML have a few detectors to work on at the moment, my SDC's going back, they fixed initial problem but created another.

Cheers T.

Teemore said:
ML have a few detectors to work on at the moment, my SDC's going back, they fixed initial problem but created another.

Cheers T.

I reckon I'm in the same boat with my SDC, don't have any pictures of new finds so I'll leave it at that.

Gday it went into overload. Sounded like a huge amount of emi even with smoothing high. I have tried every possible thing to fault find.

We have been very happy with the machine and have not experienced any issues in the past. Plus its still under warranty for a few more months so I'm not too concerned.

Cheers

Doesn't sound like fun at all BP. Not sure if you've called Minelab but if you haven't it would be worth giving Kevin a call at the service dept and running the issue past him - he's a pretty helpful chap :Y:

You've probably tried all this but just as a long shot:
Turned it off and on again. Tried a completely different location. Tried noise cancelling. Changed gold/ground modes. Tried ferrite balancing. Full factory reset. Turn off the GPS. Checked that sensitivity or volume aren't turned way up. Turned off mobile phones you may have with you. Recharge battery and try it again. Same for WM12 unit.

They are all just guesses but would be nice if it was something simple for you. Insurance for the Z to go back to Minelab will eat up a bit of the gold nugget you just got 8.(

Hope it works out for you :Y:

Latest posts