⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would have liked to be there to see the look on your face when you realized
what you had found. :Y: :Y: :D

Nice ones LG, the first pieces are the best ones ;)

Today my biggest piece so far, I was waiting for my first grammer but finally I got 2 :party: so happy :)

1498210811_img_0555.jpg

1498211136_img_0556.jpg

Northeast said:
Nice work gasco.

Nice that you can rub your sensitivity up that high - mustn't be much EMI around?

I'm assuming ground is too hot for Normal ground mode? Could try Normal with sensitivity way down at 1 or 2 - but you might end up with heaps of hot rocks. Difficult does a great job of knocking out hot rocks but can also knock out gold.

The other thing that is really worth a try is General/difficult - you might just find a few bigger ones (5+ grams) hiding in the dirt you've already been over.

Everything is worth a try - especially on undug targets to see the variation settings make.

It's great that you've given youself a good amount of time there too and not just a hit and run trip.

Good digging to you :Y:

Thanks for your comment Northeast :) today I was trying some new settings the whole day and it worked pretty well, I went around all the holes I did on my little patch ( which gave me 30 nuggets so far ) and found 3 more nuggets for today.
My settings:
Normal
Audio smoothing off
Sensitivity 20
Volume 14
Threshold 23
Audio limit 4

Very noisy and picked up some hot rocks but you can cover at least 2 or 3 times more ground because I had to swing very fast to be able to hear the break in the threshold in all the ground noises.
And I did some test with a 10 g piece of lead at about 40 cm and the response was a little bit clearer than my last settings ;)

Thanks mate seems a while ago now but with the help of a couple of forum members SteelPat and Vstrom I got there. Any decent size still seems a long way off but the total is slowly growing. I was going to chuck it in because I got sick of going alone but I am giving it another go for a while.

:D Well this is me for the weekend :D
1498372078_20170625_154738_resized.jpg

I gave the GPZ a bit of a work out over the weekend tried something different and targeted under
HIGH VOLTAGE POWER LINES :eek: :eek:
It was not smooth sailing ........ it was rough as chite when I first started but sort of expected that ;)
So with a lot of trial and error got it running smoother :eek: but :D was still chatty at times :| but usable :Y:
The Bigger Nuggy was 150mm-200mm deep .
The smallest Nuggy was 20-30mm but was not at the same area it was from an area that I smashed with the SDC :D and still giving :D
Also got a Iron stone coated nuggy no pic yet its having a bath :Y:

Very consistent there dam it :Y: I think you'd be consistent even if I let you use my old 2000. Great finds once again :Y:

Latest posts