⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob
Congrats on the personal best. Well done.
I'll PM you in a few weeks regarding the broach.
My son is on semester break from next week and doesn't need to do any more photography for a while. He will need to do more next semester.
Cheers Andy

Just a few with the SDC on Sunday, any day with gold in it is good.
4 pieces and 1 specie.
Cheers T.

1496648254_img_0695.jpg

1496648254_img_0696.jpg

Had to finally move from a couple of well gone over patches...lucky the next creek over had some early joy and shows promise too:)
Only small stuff but one nice pendant piece....still haven't dug a deep hole with the 7000! (with gold at the bottom) Hoping that's cause it's all shallow and i'm not missing any...
1496912304_img_0954.jpg

Nice finds LC & Stru :Y:. Stru those nuggets turned into jewellery look awesome I'm sure your daughter will cherish that gift for life. I'm still trying to up the telly to do the same for 3 daughters just need to find a new patch. LC76 that is a ripper it'll be interesting to find out how much is in there.

Great finds guy's :Y: :Y:

LC76, very nice specimen mate!!
Any idea on the weight?
Are you going to leave it as is or crush it?

madhatter said:
Great finds guy's :Y: :Y:

LC76, very nice specimen mate!!
Any idea on the weight?
Are you going to leave it as is or crush it?

It looks like it might be half a gram.
For now i have it in some diluted Ali Brite to try and bring out some more detail.
If it looks no different after that ill likely thermal shock it and break it apart.

Hard to say but looks like it might be full of fine gold.

The story behind the find.

Was detecting in what is now a creek but i think its diggings that have eroded away leaving behind the occasional pillar of clay and rock.
This particular pillar was a good foot taller that me and i was curious what was on top,so i had to hold the GPZ over my head just reaching the top of this pillar of clay and part mullock.
Got a nice target warble and stood back thinking how the hell do i get this target without bringing down the whole pillar on top of me.
Managed to reach the spot with the pick and scraped down some of the loose rocks and detected around my feet and there it was.
Apologies for weird camera blur...was experimenting with settings. :D
IMG_20170608_145948_1_zpswiyqb3z4.jpg

Latest posts