⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the last few weeks in our central west, the weather was perfect for the most part with cloudless days perfect for being out on the hunt.
1496392650_img_4304_-_copy.jpg

Foggy mornings didn't stay around for too long
1496392888_img_4397_-_copy.jpg

some mornings a little cooler than others
1496392971_img_4387_-_copy.jpg

and sunsets like we just don't get on the coast
1496393039_img_4422_-_copy.jpg

1496393058_img_4423_-_copy.jpg

plenty of targets to keep me busy
1496393131_img_0337_-_copy.jpg

but it's all worth it in the end
1496393183_img_4411_-_copy.jpg

The Gpx5000 with the 11" commander did the trick for most the finds finding pieces that were out of reach of the SDC. That fine gold timing is hard to beat.
Biggest 2.3g with the 1.3g being found on mothers day which will make a nice pendant for the old duck

Met some friendly folk and even a few battlers and was a great time away from the hustle n bussle
What a great rewarding hobby this is.
Till next trip
Reeko

Very nice Reece, sensational photos too mate, wish I could have had a few more nights out there and caught up with you for a beer and a scotch around the campfire. :Y:

Great shots Reeko!

Now I see all the junk targets laid out it tells a different story! I knew there'd be a bit in the old tins, but that's crazy.
Great swinging with you again and already looking forward to the next trip with you, Mbasko and Heatho. I'll throw a couple shots up on here from our side once we are back home. Still two more weeks playing amongst the junk for us. :p

Love those nugs mate! That GPX has done you proud this trip. :Y:

Cheers,
Shauno.

Great collection there Reeko. The fuggets show just how hard you worked for each nugget. Have you worked out your fugget/nugget ratio?

Fabulous photos too. I love to photo of the frost but you can keep it :)

Hi guys,

Went out for a swing yesterday, zero degrees and frost everywhere until the sun came out and turned into a beautiful day and boy did I have fun, my biggest daily tally ever.
1496454134_img_4890.jpg

11 small pices for .58g and two species , one of which has multiple showings so will give them both a bath to see whats inside.

My photography still stinks lol

Bob

Hi Davent,

Yes SDC, I think I am past digging big holes but I have discovered that the SDC still picks up junk like small bolts etc at 6 or so inches so I am confident that if I walk over an ounce at that depth I will hear it loud and clear. I have dug a few holes thinking that this had to be gold , due to the depth, only to say fugget.

Cheers

Bob

Latest posts