⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just catching up on this thread some great finds by all , SC75 those nuggets are amazing you are clearly the man at the moment .

Got out to Chapel Hill for a quick prod and poke today SDC setting 4 threshold 3 about 3 inches down on pipe clay in the burnt off area .38 of a gram and a long time between drinks here in SA.

1496037702_image.jpg

Geez Rick, you're keen mate, must've been a wee bit damp up there today. I couldn't see the hills all day because of the pea soup and rain over my way. That makes your nuggy all the more rewarding. Well done!
By the way is Jupiter still fenced off?
Cheers :Y:
l

OzzieAu said:
Geez Rick, you're keen mate, must've been a wee bit damp up there today. I couldn't see the hills all day because of the pea soup and rain over my way. That makes your nuggy all the more rewarding. Well done!
By the way is Jupiter still fenced off?
Cheers :Y:
l

G'day Adrian

Yes a bit moist it was :( but got a few hours in . Jupiter still closed off and nothing on Dept of Mines website to say when will be open again . Hope to catch up soon considering a Vic run :Y:

Bacchus said:
Just catching up on this thread some great finds by all , SC75 those nuggets are amazing you are clearly the man at the moment .

Got out to Chapel Hill for a quick prod and poke today SDC setting 4 threshold 3 about 3 inches down on pipe clay in the burnt off area .38 of a gram and a long time between drinks here in SA.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4092/1496037702_image.jpg

Well done mate. :Y: Worth 10 nuggets in WA or Vic. I know how hard it is to detect gold in our designated fossicking areas.

nuggetino said:
Bacchus said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4092/1496037702_image.jpg

Well done mate. :Y: Worth 10 nuggets in WA or Vic. I know how hard it is to detect gold in our designated fossicking areas.

Thanks very much mate your comments are appreciated , I am still to crack a local nugget with the 4500 yet as you have :Y: the overgrowth and EMI at Chapel is just too tough. Look forward to JC opening up again see you there 8)

Cheers

Last week I posted these specimens.
1496147234_specimens_22nd_may.jpg
I gave them the Ali Brite treatment for three days but lost patience, took them out and crushed them carefully with pliers. The structures were very delicate and easily broke just picking them up. Below is the result of the crushing 1gram in total.
1496147411_22nd_may_crushing_1g..jpg

It was interesting examining the structure of the brown rock containing the gold. It appeared to be a conglomerate made up of fine grains of quartz, larger pieces of quatrz, some with gold in them, inclusion of gold all bound together with brown glue.

Cheers Bob

1496309215_img_20170601_184718.jpg

Went for a morning sesh today, at a spot that I've flogged to death.
Got there and smoke was in the air, you beauty!
Sadly, only on top of the hill. Was going to look for a new patch, but came across an excavator, so left, and went to my old patch. Wasn't really expecting to find anything, as I have gone over it with a 15" evo, and a 14*9 evo previously, for zip, and that was when there was no grass.
Well the 12" evo found a tiny spec, not 2m from one of my old holes.
What I like, no, love about the 12", is its stability, it runs so much quieter than either the 15" or the 14*9. Which allows me to crank the settings a bit.
I can't recommend the NF 12" highly enough, its a beauty!

Latest posts