⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, here's my haul for 3 days in Wedderburn.
1494804399_img_20170515_092245.jpg

Also found this, now that's gold, and I'd love to live there.
1494804640_img_20170515_092849_632.jpg

Cheers,
Paul

Great to catch up and put some faces to names North East and Madhatter. Also great to hear you all found some color too. Sorry I didn't catch up before I left but I'm a restless soul when it comes to detecting, I know it's probably not the right way to go about it but every few hrs I gotta go to a different spot :D
1494842556_image.jpg

Bjay said:
Great to catch up and put some faces to names North East and Madhatter. Also great to hear you all found some color too. Sorry I didn't catch up before I left but I'm a restless soul when it comes to detecting, I know it's probably not the right way to go about it but every few hrs I gotta go to a different spot :D https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5449/1494842556_image.jpg

Looks like moving when you're restless has paid off ..... always do your own thing is the best way to go.

Good result, Cheers T.

Good to meet you too Bjay. And I agree with Teemore - it's paying off for you.

MH said you had got a couple of bits there. You didn't meet Jungles but I think he got 4 bits Saturday and then on Sunday morning - all small but they add up.

The 4500 is obviously doing the job for you, you might be wasting $$ thinking about a Z??

Having the best tool for the job is not wasting money .(that's what I tell the wife anyway) but there's something in what you mentioned as pretty well all the bits I've found have all been pretty shallow.but the questions always there would there be more with a different machine? Maybe? Maybe not? Funny thing that yesterday I left the sdc in the car and ran the 12 evo. Got 3 bits around the edge of a surfaced area so thought iwould run sdc around same spot and down the edges where it normally gets some but nothing,that's the way it goes I geuss.

I was probably playing devil's advocate there. I know if I didn't have the Z I would always be wondering what I was leaving behind.

The only way to really give it a test is to spend a day with a 4500 and a Z. Find a piece with the 4500, detect an immediate 10x10 metre area and then redo it with the Z - see if it picks up any more.

I would offer to join you but it might be hard to pin you down for a full day :D

You also mentioned on Saturday if you wondered if you were working the ground right, the right spots, etc - I think you can be confident you are. Often it's not the implement in the hand that makes the difference, but the hand that the implement is in...

Hope you get out again soon :Y:

Patrick1 said:
Bjay said:
OldGT said:
You blokes make it hard to go back to work...... :D
Yeah it's not fun. Pretty hard today trying to get back to the real life. Hardest part about out in in the bush is which spot next?
Where abouts were you?
Bendigo then dropped into Talbot on the way home. Next time im over in Maryborough ill let you know.

Latest posts