⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys :)
I do use GeoVic for a guideline but as for nuggets been found in the past you got to look at old Mining reports..
Every location i go to i do a ton of research, anything i can get my hands on like Reports of the Mining Surveyors and Registrars, there are endless reports from the old timers but it's not easy to find them all and in this case i didn't use GeoVic but got some pretty good info from the old Newspapers from the 1800s believe it or not, you just have to go through the National Library of Australia and you will be surprised how much good info you can get.

Yep SC75, Trove is an amazing resource. And not just for gold stuff. I've found great stories about Raywood (where I grew up), how it was formed, populations over time, the type of gold they found there and even some stories about my family that have long passed on.
We are very lucky to have such a resource.

For those that want to have a look just google Trove and it should come up through the NLA - National Library of Australia :Y:

difference with the 14 I would be extremely enthusiastic to see just because I'm so hooked on the zed but not sold on the 19 yet but
well done and congrats also from your research :Y:

Gem in I said:
difference with the 14 I would be extremely enthusiastic to see just because I'm so hooked on the zed but not sold on the 19 yet but
well done and congrats also from your research :Y:

There is enough evidence around to suggest that the 19" coil is excellent, it's obviously heavy and hard to use in some situations but the results speak for themselves. :)

Awesome nugs there SC75. I use Trove for researching all kinds of stuff too, actually use it all the time for my treasure hunting locally where I live in Sydney, just wish I was closer to the goldfields.

Cheers fellas.
Its hot ground Stru. Its pretty much impossible to run in Normal mode but from now on i'm going to be using the 19" for sure. I wasn't sold on it at first but was impressed how deep it punches down :Y: and yeah there's some great info from the old newspapers they definitely send you in the right direction.

B5MECH said:
PA Nuggets of the year there SC :cool: :Y:

Bit early for those predictions, I'm not saying they won't be up there. There's a whole lot of Zed owners honing their skills and plenty of 2017 left to top it.

I just need a Zed and some time to learn it :N:

RM Outback said:
B5MECH said:
PA Nuggets of the year there SC :cool: :Y:

Bit early for those predictions, I'm not saying they won't be up there. There's a whole lot of Zed owners honing their skills and plenty of 2017 left to top it.

I just need a Zed and some time to learn it :N:
So far anyway :8 if bigger ones come I'll have to add some more zeros :lol: :Y:

1491531873_imag0773.jpg

Maryborough is still giving up the Yella.

Close to the source there, P1...i'm out for a look tomorrow myself...hoping for the years first bit...

Gypsy

:D ... i'm yet to discover,....going out with GoldRock & Meta i believe....leaving it to them as the 'visitors'.

Latest posts