⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a fun time out in the GT with Dig'n-it and Patrick1 over the weekend.
Just two littlies fom me for 0.53g (first finds with the Zed) from Muckleford.
1491169810_puma_gold.jpg

I been sussing out a new spot for a couple of months now, getting a couple of grams here and there but 2 weeks ago i found 6 grams on the Saturday, only had a few hrs because i had to work that day. I been using the 14 inch pretty much all summer but i thought i will go back the following day with the 19''. I've only used it half a dozen times or so when it first came out but with no luck. So went out on the Sunday and i found these 2 with the 19"
1491293564_img_0344.jpg

1491294582_img_0345.jpg
1491294610_img_0347.jpg
1491294625_img_0348.jpg

I found the 17 gram about 16-17inches deep and the 60 grammer about 27- 28 inches but was a faint signal and was running on
General/Difficult, Sens 15, threshold 27.
I'm definitely going to use it all winter then go back to the 14 in the summer.

Good luck out there.

Cheers fellas :Y: much appreciated.
I found the 17g first then the 60g was only about 8 feet away, so it didn't take me to long to hit the 2nd one.
I was surprised with the 60g because at first i didn't really think it was gold until i pulled it out of the ground and felt the weight of it then seen a bit of yellow.
I've been over the very same ground with the 14 inch but didn't find these 2 but i may have missed them, so i might even take it back and bury it in the same spot and see if i can get a signal with the 14 but i am impressed with the depth of the 19" coil and will leave it on for a while to come :Y: it's just a backbreaker.

Hey, makes the photos look real good dunnit !
:Y: :cool: :Y: :rainbow: :party:

No doubt about that goldwright and chewy I don't know about a machine mate, that hole I dug just about killed me haha my back is stuffed already, might have to take my boys out more often.

Yeah my hand me down phone goes pretty good silver :Y: thanks to my mother in law :D

Yeah Bjay I found my smallest one last Sunday 0.06 :D I like finding those ones too. I know there's a lot more smaller ones out there but It's more of a challenge I reckon because I'm half deaf, probably because I used to go shooting with out any hearing protection :|

Are you going to share the coordinates? ;)
Well, it was worth a try haha!

Great find, gee.
Cheers,
Paul

Latest posts