⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second piece we have found 4th time out :)

1489063744_img_3533.jpg

Like many others on this forum I have been following Minelab Gold's posts with keen interest. I particularly like his philosophy of goal setting and trying to lift performance levels. A month ago I set the following goals. a.Find a piece of gold at Heathcote. b.Find a piece on successive outings. c.Find more than one piece in a day. d.Find a piece bigger than a gram. Below is the result.
1489144785_hat_trick_and_double.jpg

The three on the left were found on three successive outings. The top one is 0.016grams of Heathcote gold. The other two were found at another location on different but successive days. (0.053, 0.075 grams) So a hat-trick finding gold three days in a row. The two small pieces on the right weigh 0.045 and 0.135grams. Both found on the same day. So one aim to go find a bit bigger than a gram. A more involved account has been put in the Eureka Gold post in the minelab section of this forum.

Cheers Bob.

I agree Bjay but the bush is a pretty hostile environment at the moment. It is hot, dry and swarming with march flies, plenty of bull ants, jumping jacks and the odd scorpion. Despite this I have logged 25 outings for about 100 hours detecting and covered 3km of a line of diggings for this year. Lots of days the only return has been trash and shot. But I cannot wait to get out again. I would go every day if I could. Relaxing and enjoying the environment has been a key factor in my success. I no longer rush from spot to spot rabidly trying to cover ground and find gold. Using MG's philosophy I plan a session and enjoy my time out regardless of the finds. But like MG my finds may influence what I do next. I always take a camera and record interesting sightings mostly wildlife (never digs or finds as these are secondary). My avatar is a shot from Nuggety Gully Heathcote. Thanks Bjay for your comments.

Cheers Bob.

Great finds Bob well done and as MG'S philosophy goes sounds like your practising and learning, best of luck with each outing :Y:

Excellent work Bob, well done mate. Your face of gold will be coming along nicely and soon will have many features.

I would like to see your avatar a full face with words BOB in gold :Y:
Your dedication pays off and is shown in your posts :D

LORD
Thank you for the words of encouragement. The smiley face is growing and slowly changing. I may have enough for a decent sized "B" but alas I have been banished from the fields for at least a week or so and the run of gold has dried up for now. More research and who knows? I may turn up a better spot.

Cheers Bob.

Thanks money box :Y: Found in the 1st 10 minutes spent another 5hrs & nothing but didn't bother me I was wrapped with the find. Found 3 bits in the last 3 outings so pretty happy for a newbie :party:

Latest posts