⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1482130060_image.jpg
another couple of enjoyable days in the gt.Did my usual thing and hit up multiple places but seems to be working ok. Starting to learn some funny things with the sdc. I know I covered all the ground that I cleared properly and yet still found two of the species with the 12 NF, they weren't deep either only a few inches max which I was surprised it didn't find them. I geuss as they say no detector can cover all bases.

I know how you like the species big wave so if you pm me your postal address I'll send you one for Christmas . No strings attached.there only tiny though you pick which one . There is a story behind this as when I was traveling to the gt I stopped for a coffee and was told its free. As the woman before me paid for one for the next person who wanted one so I am happy to pass on a good deed. As you posted first its yours :D

No operator gets it all either - lost count of the times I've been back over a productive area even with the exact same machine & found more. It's not always the change of machine, coil etc. that contributes to more finds & I'd hazard a guess that in more than 50% of cases it's all to do with the detectorist on the day!

Have to agree with that as I've been over spots and thought how'd I miss that but on this occasion I cleared the spot and hit it up fresh first thing in the morning , covered it fully and then went back over again with th 12. Maybee I didn't cover fully but (I geuss you've only got to be an inch out)but this is the second time that I've missed a piece with the sdc and found some more with the 12. Another piece I found today with sdc kind of shocked me as it was basically on the surface , very faint target so naturally was thinking a small piece of rust or wire. Turned out to be gold and at least twice the size of some I've found. Basically had to rub it on the coil to hear it. Run it over the 12 and could hear it easily from an inch a way. I know air test don't mean shit but I am starting to discover things I didn't know which is all a good learning curve.

It's been there for millions of years dignt so it's not going anywhere soon . Still plenty out there.If only we could go back in time a few years. I didn't think IDE get a trip in before Chrissy but work was a bit slow so took the opportunity. Don't think I'll be back out till after summer so had to make the most of it.

Hi All,

Have never posted any of my finds on here as it would be a lot of extra work, usual posts and images of all finds are in my thread. With write up explanation detailed findings, soil types etc etc

Just thought to share these images for yesterday and todays finds. For those who dont follow my thread - may be some interesting details in there for those new operators and even the more experienced veterans.

Yesterday
1482144415_pic_0383.jpg

1482144501_pic_0379.jpg

Closeups of the Specimen - still not fully cleaned has some clays trapped
1482144531_dsc_4435.jpg

1482144531_dsc_4436.jpg

1482144531_dsc_4437.jpg

1482144531_dsc_4438.jpg

Todays Finds after 3 1/2 Hours - Largest Piece 10.75g GPX4500 - Coiltek Elite 14" @ 16 Inches Below Softs, then through 100mm of Consolidated Conglomerate just on the red clay
1482144608_pic_0421.jpg

1482144608_pic_0422.jpg

1482144608_pic_0423.jpg

All cleaned up - still need to HCl to remove the Ironstone
1482144649_dsc_4561.jpg

Hope you enjoy the images.

IDE leave the ironstone inclusion in the big one , it just looks like it should be there. Once again congrats on that piece. One day hopefully it will happen.

I'm not the most articulate guy out there but to all the new folks to the detecting world there is hope after seeing some nice finds. I didn't start too long ago but it has been a massive learning curve .i still don't know bugger all about it but just get out there and have a go , time spent in the field equals results at the day and you'll learn from every find be it junk or gold or an old relic

Hey Bjay, just read your offer of the specie for free, and that kind offer was a Christmas present in itself for me.
Just looking at speccies brings images of their slow formation in a hot/pressured mineral soup, deep in the dark earth's crust those millions of years ago - before I was born even. Keep it where it belongs mate and many thanks for the Christmas spirit :)

Latest posts