Identify Marble/porcelain ball found at Hill End Township?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LD.

Laurence
Reaction score
Hi all!

Around a year ago I was visiting the old Hill End Town & down the side of one the old near derelict buildings this marble ball was exposed in a rainfall created run off Channel. It did appear to had recently been unearthed by the rain run off.

I'm just wondering is it related to an old game or possibly made for another reason? It's one of those things that because of the location found it seemed worthwhile putting in your pocket.

Probably will remain a mystery but any thoughts are very welcome. :D

1399525176_image.jpg

It looks likes one of those bangy ball things, you throw them at the ground and they go bang, presumably to having an explosive coating. Or maybe it's just a plain old ordinary marble :lol:. How big is it?

Cheers Nugget, I might throw it out the window & see!!!

Its 30mm diam.

I'm prepared for a general consensus its junk :lol: just curious.

It's certainly big enough to be one of those bang ball things. Sorry can't remember there name.

Haha...just googled it "blaster balls", could be!

That's the one, once you've thrown the crap out of them they look very much like the photo you posted above.

Sounding likely Nugget, glad the danger was well worn off before I pocketed it. Have a great evening!

Cheers,
Laurence

tailormarc said:
Arnt the really old marbles made of this?
Must have stood out when I found it enough for me to bag it up and keep it. It's pretty knocked around, so it had a good gaming life.

Latest posts