What metal is this?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcause

Professional Life Liver
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found these specimens on the weekend, haven't seen this metal before, is it Tin?

Its right through the rocks in seams, its the dark coloured specks and lines in the rock, its very reflective and silver coloured which is how I spotted it on the ground.

It was all over the place where I was. The photos don't do it justice as it is very shiny but looks dull in the photos.

1398683966_cairnsspecimen1.jpg

1398683988_cairnsspecimen2.jpg

The rock that contains it appears to be some sort of conglomerate and comes in different colours as shown here:

1398684027_cairnsspecimen3.jpg

Would appreciate any advice as to what it may be?

Hi gcause,

Any chance of some clearer piccies maybe even a close up. Also mate roughly what area where you?

Cheers

Col

Ok just ran the pinpointer over them and not a squark, beep or gurgle out of it.

Its not metal at least not anything that can register with the minelab pinpointer.

It looks all the world like metal, its shiny reflective and hard. Its got to be some kind of crystal.

Never seen the likes of this stuff before we don't seem to have it down south of Qld where I come from anyway.

thats either mica or pyrite, given it seems you found it on the surface, I would think its Mica

Latest posts