Big ass Zircon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I spotted this big ass zircon in my sieve when panning this morning. It has really cool imprints on it of what seems to be tourmaline crystals. It weighs 145ct, never seen anything near this big before.

77d648ad050892b72b0ae0d6a1265c1c.jpg

Oh yeh got .5g of the yellow stuff too. A good two hours.

DD

Your out there panning and I'm bloody studying my ring off for exams tomorrow.
Definitely I have my priorities well and truly screwed up !!
I bet you had beer o'clock at lunch as well !! :lol:

Got to be stoked to find that in your sieve and the yella is a real nice bonus !!

Haha elrodeo, I'm meant to be studying too mate, got my biol pracs starting Monday. But playing in the river is sooo much more fun :D Hopefully I'm still here when you finish up.
Only a slight bit of light through Heatho.

DD

I have a rock that I was told is jasper that looks exactly like yours, now I want to know if its a zircon (i have no clue with gems) what do you reckon?
1397193493_1417788_10202441220007874_1251090263_o.jpg

Balx said:
I have a rock that I was told is jasper that looks exactly like yours, now I want to know if its a zircon (i have no clue with gems) what do you reckon?https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/599/1397193493_1417788_10202441220007874_1251090263_o.jpg

Looks like jasper to me mate.

Nice stone ...
Saw a 138ct sapphire recent, with a big yellow band through the middle . That stone might show a bit of light if you facet one side to check. Big stones are cool ... Mine are all bombs in the larger scale ... Hopefully that will change...:)

haha kingsolomon I'm the same all my biggies seem to be bombs....not 100% sure about my 92ct sapphire yet there is colour on the edges and it may well be too thick to see through but I'm hedging on bomb so I'm not disappointed but 92ct is my biggest also

Heatho said:
Bomb Sapphires would make great slingshot ammo. I'm getting a 30ct Cornflower Blue next trip. :p

make sure u get me one....my first cornflour blue was a little bigger than a pin head but was so bright blue it stuck out of the pan after one dunk in the water

Latest posts