Baby Crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if you get clay or any damp rock you get this. I don't use a chain set up like this any more though.
1397217118_img_0573.jpg

Didn't anyone else click on the more into button? All of the questions asked are answered there :)

DD

There is a 24in spiral that they claim to process about 200 kg/h, I doubt if that's correct though...

Hey Hare Twigga
Mate just going by the vid, from what I see I think you need a "Sluice" with a bit more aggressive "Riffle" or a catch tray sytem at the head of your sluice, as you are getting gold all the way down your sluice, most likely overloaded, not a criticism, just what I see, plenty of gold though.
cheers
Lee

We have always used the rock breaker into dryblower then put the concentrate into a water wheel. Have found we needed to put back through water wheel about 3 times to make sure we got all the gold out.
I'm almost ready to leave the water wheel at the back of the shed to collect dust now as I have a shaker table now.

rc62burke said:
Hey Hare Twigga
Mate just going by the vid, from what I see I think you need a "Sluice" with a bit more aggressive "Riffle" or a catch tray sytem at the head of your sluice, as you are getting gold all the way down your sluice, most likely overloaded, not a criticism, just what I see, plenty of gold though.
cheers
Lee

Yeah I do know that, I'm only catching a small percentage of the free gold in that crappy sluice. It was just a thought I had the other day and it does concentrate the gold a little bit. I only put the vid up as an example of what can be achieved by running the crushers wet. The holes in the drum need to be smaller if you run it wet I've realized too. I built the crusher out of scrap and thing's I was either given or had here. So far it's only cost me some welding rods,grinding disks and some fuel. I'm saving everything I've crushed until I get something to process it properly with as the amount going out the end of the sluice is possibly more than it's catching.

ArmstrongIndustries said:
We have always used the rock breaker into dryblower then put the concentrate into a water wheel. Have found we needed to put back through water wheel about 3 times to make sure we got all the gold out.
I'm almost ready to leave the water wheel at the back of the shed to collect dust now as I have a shaker table now.

So your obviously happy with the shaker table! Maybe that's what I need.

ArmstrongIndustries said:

Thinking about it, I think the difference is your in a drier climate that allows for dryblowing,so what's best in one area may not be in another. I'm sure a wet option is worth looking into as an option for different circumstances. I would be interested to here your finding's.

Yes twigga,
Agree with your last point, our climate here is dry so we don't have access to the water while onsite. So dry blowing is a good option for us.
So I crush and dryblow on site and then bring home the concentrates to process. Back home I have the water I need to finish the processing.
Yes I'm very happy with the shaker table.!

I found that when the material is very fine the dryblower looses a lot a lot of fine gold

The digger

thedigger said:
I found that when the material is very fine the dryblower looses a lot a lot of fine gold

The digger

I found since adding extra side rails, increasing the riffle height and building the dust screen on my drywasher im getting some of the finest gold ive seen. Also I tested the same mullock heap with three different cloth types and the blue blanket style cloth is the best. The tight synthetic material I was advised to use acted more like a drum and didnt hols as much heavies.
1397376960_tmp_20140325_160406-1-964229147.jpg

1397378669_tmp_20140413_182056-66624779.jpg

Hi Goldigg
What I am saying is if all the material that you are putting through is about 50 mesh,you find that is where the problem is.
When you have material of different sizes the gold will move down through material and will not get forced up,acts like a jig.
When in the west I had a few chats with Nightjar on dryblowers,and the problems with them,and he had a lot of imfo on them,he started with them back in the eighties,so what I am saying is fine tuning them is art,but you are on the right track in experimenting with combinations,nothing is black and white,so best of luck.

The digger

Im happy with the setup now no more changes accept if i end up folding some alluminum :)
Nighjar has some interesting ideas about drywashing mate. He thinks the counterbalance leaf blower system is useless. ....(hes words) im sure hes bellows drywashers work well but he obviously has no understanding of how modern commercial units function.

im still learning mate but what ive learned through testing is you need to have an adjustable counterbalance so you can adjust the kick. Further to the centre results in a fine humb that doesnt disturb the fines as much and by running very low angle theres no reason gold would not settle to the bottom. Move the counterbalance outward and you move damp or larger material through the box quicker.
Ive been running dry pipeclay throught my drywasher and its holding fine I always pan out 2 pans of tailing on average find 1 . 2 specks. With the new cloth im running alot of the really fine gold ends up inside the box.
I think its just a matter of seting up to suit

Hi Goldigg
A couple of years ago,crushed a some material from the west,which was all fine gold,put a waterproof sheet under the blower,a lot fine gold was blown away on to the sheet,the main reason was the material was of the same size,so as you can see this why my thoughts are this way.
In regards to the blower type dryblowers they have been around for many years,I can remember seeing them in the eighties,so I would not describe them as modern.
Keep up the good work, and you will get a lot gold,it is still out there,it is fun both chasing the gold and making the equipment.

Thedigger

Yes we did,cut the stroke ,the angle,but the material being so light just went every where,after that the chap took it away and run it through a sluice.

The Digger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts