THE NEWLY PROCLAIMED FOSSICKING AREA BARRINGTON TOPS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cluff has closed shop.. gov says its ok to use the new area and that will do me.. :) try these coordinates.. 151deg 30' E between about 32deg 00 S and 31deg 45'S sorry I cant find the deg symbol on my keyboard?? 34 known gem bearing spots shown in this area..... I think it is time to build a gem catching highbanker and go for a dig..... :D

The next big question, are there Leaches up there? Nothing can ruin a nice gem hunting trip like those buggers. Might try and get up there in about a month just for a look around and test a few areas.Would be hard going up there after rain.

Happy to share info if I find anything.

kawman said:
cluff has closed shop.. gov says its ok to use the new area and that will do me.. :) try these coordinates.. 151deg 30' E between about 32deg 00 S and 31deg 45'S sorry I cant find the deg symbol on my keyboard?? 34 known gem bearing spots shown in this area..... I think it is time to build a gem catching highbanker and go for a dig..... :D

Hey Kawman, if you hold your 'ALT' key whilst typing '0176' on your numberpad you'll get a degrees symbol ''

Will wait for someone else to get in before I do. :) Yeah I bet they are there,looks like the leachiest spot ever, probably the size of a sausage.

We may be able to meet up and cover more ground.. I best sort my banker for gems and find some shovel slaves to feed it..... :)
Heatho said:
The next big question, are there Leaches up there? Nothing can ruin a nice gem hunting trip like those buggers. Might try and get up there in about a month just for a look around and test a few areas.Would be hard going up there after rain.

Yes plenty of leaches in alot of spots unfortunately lol
Kawman, i checked out your co ordinates, great area but everything below 31deg 54' 47"S seems to be in national park though. We have a spot marked to check near 151 deg 30' 19" E 31 deg 53' 06"S , the swamp area there east of the manning( have to be carefull not to cross into national park) and north of the Dilgry, but we are checking mostly the southern spots atm and working north.
The cluff mine is closed but im not sure if they still hold the exploration leases up there, i will have to research actually which company is holding the leases, and try and find their exploration findings if they are public company.
The area definately holds potential imho, and its good to see more fossicking interest and exploring being done up there.
Rod

Oh and forgot to add my father and i head up every 2-3 weeks so if anyone wants to meet up and hit some spots with us just holla, we are in port stephens.
Rod

Heatho said:
Will wait for someone else to get in before I do. :) Yeah I bet they are there,looks like the leachiest spot ever, probably the size of a sausage.

They hold up signs "rubies, sapphires & gold this way!"

I'd defo be keen to go for a look about with people. Maybe get a outing happening? Just guessing with a few people could probably find some nice areas to work.

Cheers

kawman said:
We may be able to meet up and cover more ground.. I best sort my banker for gems and find some shovel slaves to feed it..... :)
Heatho said:

I'd be up for that sometime Kawman for sure.

Daniel said:
I'd defo be keen to go for a look about with people. Maybe get a outing happening? Just guessing with a few people could probably find some nice areas to work.

Cheers

I bet they do, sneaky buggers. :)

Would be great Reeks, I may be in the area on the 20th 21st of this month with a mate, we're heading to Inverell on the 22nd. We were debating today whether to hit his mates property to the NE or try the State Forest. Looks to me like Barrington Tops Rd gives the best access along most of the NP/SF boundary.

Be good to have a look before it starts snowing up there.

it has been raining a lot and I will wait for things to dry out a bit before I go up the mountain... possibly the ansac long weekend.. have to wait and see.. :)

Hey guys iv been away for awhile!
I hope my stories of Barrington tops and it's hidden rubies sparked some interest in the area. Yeah the state forest has always been open there, I spent weeks camped up there trying my best to find a cutter.
Never had any leaches up there in October I think it was!
Did I find anything good?
'No' but had a ball looking though, there are lots of small rubies but I did't see any gold colour when I panned.
The camping was ok on the manning river and free, the tracks are good and I believe there is still potential in the area.
I tried the dietream area but the good spots are NP. And inaccessible by car and a tough walk in I would imagine!
Gee I done some research on it but most of the info leaked out!!!
But I fell in love with the area and moved to Stroud 6weeks ago and opened a shop.
Still waiting on my stones from Lamberts to show off from all my digging I done at Vulcan SF.
Best fun living out of my caravan for 5 months chasing gold and stones, plus really good workout for the old body too. Can't believe the energy I had and the thrill of the chase, hmmm good memories.
Now I'm working seven days a week to make real money to buy my little bit of Australia!

Our vintage bike mob come cruzing thru stroud on a regular basis.. nice place.. I hope you do well.. pm me your shop address and we will drop in next time we come past for a chat.. :)

Nice inspiring story Dezman, I'm going to take a look at your previous posts, sounds like it will be a good read. :)

Cheers,
Laurence

Kawman I replied to your messages ages ago but I don't think it worked. I think I used the pm over the forum. I'll send you another message but I'll try the email function.

Hopefully that will work!

Latest posts