Here are some Carps I catch

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Catching Carps is also my love

1396529585_marcus1.jpg

1396529585_marcus2.jpg

1396529585_marcus5.jpg

1396529585_marcus11.jpg

1396529585_marcus12.jpg

in the netherlands you can catch some :D

cheers Marcus

They are some fat mud marlin there! They are a noxious species in Australia and it is in fact illegal to return them to the water dead or alive!

I use corn kernels on a no. 4 hook to catch them, I understand they are a major sporting target in Europe?

Holly Carp!!!!! big belly buggers aint they, we kill them and burry them on site here mate they have seriously diminished our native species

Amazing catches. Never seen such obese fish before! If only they were as tasty as trout or any other freshwater species for that that matter. Do you eat them? Being of german heritage remember my grandma would cook carp stew when I was a little tacker. Was pretty tasty from what I remember. Don't know how she prepared the fish though.

WOW!!!!... They are very large Carp.. I have never seen a carp that big :eek:

Do you eat them? Throw them back To re-catch them for the fun. Or what??

They are impressive sized fish Marcus, you need to get over here and go for some Barramundi, minimum size is 50cm in some parts

I remember years ago going to Bolligal or Maude out on the Hay Plains, there were 44 gallon drums overflowing with carp, the stench on that hot summers day is embedded into the nose follicles

Cheers, Tone