Snake repellant

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1395298467_image.jpg

Thought this may be of interest! :)

i dont touch them . i dont try to kill them . i dont move and they generally look at me for a couple of seconds and keep going about their lawful business

why create suffering for any animal ? ( i draw the line at mosquitos )

90 % of snake bites occured when people try to kill one

I have a resident coastal taipan, who oneday if it scares my kids one more time, will get the shovel. Or touches my frogs. I love pythons, they are generally safe, http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/python-claims-life-of-pet-dog/2203712/

Michelle would have kind of laughed! After working for Rob Bredl "Barefoot Bushman" for a few years. What can you do? By the way Rob's new Croc show is open, so is his new park.

I don't like hurting animals either! I sit on the fence with hunting, take or leave it, after years ago having brothers that used to hunt, getting a horses quarter hooked up in front of me, still warm having to carve it up for the dogs. I didn't enjoy it, brothers thought it was funny but. I am like a Dr Dolittle!

When out spekking around up here, I'm have my little shovel and sieve which I clank together as I walk to keep the snakes away. Has worked well so far (touch wood)

I hate seeing an animal suffer. I used to care for Raptors for WEARs. And had the awesome privilege of handling a fully grown Wedge-tailed Eagle. Rob Bredl gave me her, very trusting animals. Same with my favourite Owls. I used to rescue Owls.

small kids are hard to teach about snake danger and dogs are impossible so i hear you there

a neighbour came home to find his rottie dead from i think a brown snake bite if memory serves me right

local firies had done a burn off a day or two prior and probably disturbed the brown :/

HeadsUp said:
small kids are hard to teach about snake danger and dogs are impossible so i hear you there

a neighbour came home to find his rottie dead from i think a brown snake bite if memory serves me right

local firies had done a burn off a day or two prior and probably disturbed the brown :/

seen a few myself out prospecting not long after a DNRE burn off, man they seemed really pissed, probarbly because the DNRE were supposed to be burning off across the other side of town......ha ha :lol:

15 yrs ago the cane paddock got burnt at noon behind my house. I just got home from town, had a young wolfhound/boxer pup on the verandah. looked down the girth on this taipan was 5cm diametre. quietly had to call inside for a gun. Dad came out with pvc pipe and went white. i wasnt game to move. Our neighbours with the sawmill were called and came with the shotgun. hit with pepper. It was the largest Taipan i have ever seen. A child nor adult would have a chance. A taipan will rapid strike.

I do not like snakes and particularly the ones that might bite. So I make a deal everytime I go out - The snake leaves me alone and I leave the snake alone. But I still wear snake gaiters.

It's the only thing I can do, as I don't have a pet Mongoose !!!

Snowy said:
I wear my snake guards and good solid boots, I like to think that if a snake came out in front of me, the smell from my shorts would chase it away

In that case remind me to not bunk with you, lol, thanks for the warning.......

BrisJoe said:
When out spekking around up here, I'm have my little shovel and sieve which I clank together as I walk to keep the snakes away. Has worked well so far (touch wood)

Joe snakes don't have ears, hit the shovel on the ground mate. :)

calala said:
BrisJoe said:

Joe snakes don't have ears, hit the shovel on the ground mate. :)
Hahaha lol that's pretty funny

fishing at the landing of the Proserpine River, we were watching this snake swim towards us. Dad its getting closer. "it wont come up the bank" yeah right at my feet. 1mtr taipan. U go down the river expecting to see crocs, the odd bullsharks and the entire wild menagerie. Wouldnt have it anyother way but, this is our beloved Oz.