How to spot a fake Minelab GPX 5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe this bloke he should be arrested he must know what he's got and trying to roll someone so I'd say that's obtaining fund s by deception there must be one cop in this forum?

vstrom said:
The one in that ad looks real I think fake is gumtree ad number 111701224.Halls creek WA $4000.
Yep that ones fake - wrong font, spelling/wording - has "Genine Minelab" rather than Genuine Minelab on 2nd line of reflective label & coil warranty label says "VOID IE REMOVED"

If, as most state, that these are Chinese fakes, then either the Chinese govt must either be embarrassed about the activities of their counterfeiting corporates, or must be condoning it for monetary purposes. Makes them look globally bad in either perspective.

I'm not sure China could ever be considered a good global citizen when it comes to the issue of copyright or stealing intellectual property BW.
They've got it down to an art form from what i've seen, the only thing lacking is their failure to actually copy well.

BigWave said:
If, as most state, that these are Chinese fakes, then either the Chinese govt must either be embarrassed about the activities of their counterfeiting corporates, or must be condoning it for monetary purposes. Makes them look globally bad in either perspective.
Theres no doubt that they're fakes & also no doubt the Chinese care little about counterfeiting other peoples products of any type.

mbasko said:
also no doubt the Chinese care little about counterfeiting other peoples products of any type.

The chinese are manufacturers, they build things to a price. You can order a product for $10 or $100 and they will both look the same.
But more importantly they only manufacture to an order, which 99.9% of the time comes from outside China.

True Redfin but they still have no qualms about manufacturing copies of other products regardless of where the order originates from.
At the end of the day the blame lands squarely back on us - the consumer. No demand - no need to copy!

Latest posts