⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shivan said:

Great job Shivan, I found this zircon near trunkey creek while highbanking for gold, initially it was brown and I had read about heat treating which I did , it turned into a very light shade of pink, it turned out better than expected and much appreciated - I owe you one.
Cheers

Barry

Awesome!!!!

You guys are really inspiring the Mrs and I to get into this!!!!

I can imagine how satisfied she would be when we get some stones cut and made into jewellery for her. Having the story behind it and knowing the origin of the stone is really cool and not many can say that.

Now that's clever cutting....getting that arrow/christmas tree in the mix is pure genius big_smile devil
I had to look a few times to see what you were talking about, i missed that :8 I think its more bad lighting and crappy phone camera ;)

He He He..i'm sure it's just due to the angle of reflection...but the pic made it more noticeable...my pics do that sort of stuff too lmao....

My second cut stone I got back last week. From a yellow quartz crystal. Citrine? 5.1 carats.
1490721182_p3260995.jpg

SneakyCuttlefish, If you are heading to Inverell for Easter, you could stop at Warwick for their 3 day Rock, Antiques and Collectables Fair, held over the Easter Long Week-end... You may find some Stones there... If you are in Inverell after Easter you could also try Dave Innes from the Inverell Rock Shop... Dave will also be at Warwick if you wish to see him there.... He has some nice Citrine at the moment... :Y:

You also have Billabong Blue's shop at the Visitors Centre, in town...For Sapphires and some Zircons...

LoneWolf.....

Nice job there SC - my eyes would be aching after cutting that :) While really big stones take ages, I still think really small ones are more challenging - bugger all room for error.

Nice topaz trillion there too. BTW, did you hear that Mount Gibson (you're in Cairns aren't you?) is now very restricted access? Apparently someone tripped over and hurt themselves and decided to sue the property owner (it's a designated fossicking area but not actually owned by the mines department). The in-laws live in Atherton so Mount Gibson is (was) an easy day trip but that looks like it might be over :( Mount Surprise is probably a little far for a day trip, wouldn't get much digging in before it would be time to pack up and come home.

Thanks lefty. It certainly was a challenge. Had the lap going very slow and most of the finer facets where cut on a Batt with 3000#. Even then, one side of the stone was softer and cut quickly whilst the other side was a bit harder and more manageable.

That's bloody terrible news. The person who tripped probably deserved to fall flat on their arse. I love going up there for a scratch around and I'll be really pissed off if they close it down. Probably some inner city loser who can't accept responsibility for their own safety. Actually, I'm quite surprised anyone of that calibre made it up there. Last time I was up there the track was really hard 4x4 to get in. Mind you, that was in the middle of the Wet.

Latest posts