⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had the cushion cut topaz I posted on page 27 of this thread set in a custom design. 5 grams of 9 carat white with 2 little amethysts. A gift for my girl. Really need to invest in a gem cloth and work on my photography skills. Anyway, David Taylor in Carins made the setting. He is brilliant!!
1460796843_dsc_0234_800x540.jpg

1460796861_dsc_0248_800x614.jpg

A badly captured image (battery died and that's the best I got) of a 5.1 ct Smith Bar test cut in Rose de France. Few facets to cut for a pixelated effect. I intend to retry another test it as it still needs work. Although not easy to see with an aided eye.

1461206880_pic.jpg

Very fine work on those 5 Ks, hold up well under close scrutiny ,... absolutely 5 beautiful stones wrestled from the rough under your well practiced hands. Hats off mate, to a job well done ! 8) :p :cool: :D

Nice shot. Nice rocks. Appreciate the time spent on that. It's hard. I use a large old yogurt tub to diffuse - something the kids can't destroy.

Have just finished a couple more stones. Nothing as nice as all the others on here, but i think i am getting there.
Two of the stones are quartz/glass one opal and one garnet. Was really happy with how the garnet came up despite a big inclusion in it. It was a bright purple color before it was cut, but now looks almost blood red from a few angles with light above. The photo makes it look a bit dirty but i think that is from me cleaning off finger marks with a tissue :(

Latest posts