Aldi detector hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rocketaroo said:
She just needed to pick on someone, glad you made her walk-off unsatisfied.

That's exactly what happened too mate, walked off muttering something lol. I'm usually very polite to everyone but not this time.

Thanks Rod, had a bit of luck over the the last 3 hunts, after cashing in the coins last week I'm over $100 up again already, gotta be happy with that. Starting to wonder if I really even want to upgrade detector, been watching a lot of CTX vids and it looks to me like it will actually slow me down.

Bit of a dilemma really, was going to buy it this week but after today I'm left wondering if I should. The Aldi costs nothing to run now after buying Accupower batteries and charger from Nenad, I think they actually increased the aldi's performance quite a bit....... :)

You do great with the aldi, how deep does it go on silvers, or jewellery? If its adequate, then I agree, stick with it.

Hmmmm it gets ok depth Rocket but not great, at least 15 cm on that pair of Florins that I got, they were both together so I reckon it got them slightly deeper than usual.

Nowhere near enough depth for beach detecting in soft sand though, it just gets nothing usually but it's deadly on parks and any flat grassed areas.

If I got a CTX it would get good use on the busy beaches here.

Cheers mate, yes those bent ones lol, have been sorting them and just putting them aside....... Glad there aren't usually too many.

I stick them in the self serve coin counting machines........ err well I did and ummmmm well we won't go there......... I think Coles is the better option.

On the hunt again this morning for a few hours, same spot, pretty sure there is not much left there now. $40.30. Pity there was no jewelry, maybe next hunt.

1435734131_20150701_165141.jpg

rocketaroo said:
Who needs a ctx lol

That is my dilemma mate, do I need one or just want one???? Especially after getting 2 insurance bills on 1 day, I don't know how it alligned that both lots of car insurance would be due 2 days appart but I managed to do it.

Wally69 said:
It sure has been raining gold over there Heath, another great haul :cool:

No other explaination mate. :) Or maybe Chinese pants that come with holes already in their pockets????? Whatever it is I hope it happens regularly.

Latest posts