MINERAMA 2014

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger, I've been wanting to go to Minerama but financially I can't attend this one :(

If anyone goes, please take plenty of pics for me ;)

I know farout, gotta get the Prado fixed at the panel beaters tomorrow, probably won't have it back until Monday. Had a minor clanger on the way to Inverell last time. I learnt not to smoke ciggis, drink coffee and drive simultaneously. Got a coffee at Uralla (some of the best in my opinion), got going again, lit a ciggi, dropped the coffee in my lap. Was just looking at it waiting for the excruciating pain of burning genitalia which I thought was to follow.

Anyway the lid held fast and I was just smiling and so relieved, was almost euphoric and then CRACK, I clipped a white post. Gaff tape is great stuff, always keep some handy.

Lesson learnt, $500 later.

Have fun elrodeo, wish I could make it mate.

Yeah Heatho, that coffee in Uralla is bloody nice, especially after a cold overnight temp of -5c and freezing your butt off in the Rocky river. Has a good feed as well !!
I'm heading to Glen Innes friday but with a cyclone up north there could be rain on the way.
Hopefully not too many leeches about.

Hopefully the rain holds off just for a few days, though if it rains beforehand it will be great for specking if there are some sunny breaks. After Minerama I hope it rains till they don't need any more up there. Billabong Blue is dry as a bone, still a little water for seiving though.

Bloody leeches are a fossickers nightmare, managed to avoid them so far this whole past year.

Heatho at least you made it to Minerama. 4WD went into limp mode (low turbo boost pressure) climbing the ridges up from the Colo River. Think the problem is now sorted, a sticky wastegate. Picking up a scanner to be able to read error codes and cancel them as well so I do not get caught crawling up slopes at 10 km per hour or stranded in an isolated area without mobile coverage.

Hope you find some nice stones. :)

jimnyjerry said:
Heatho at least you made it to Minerama. 4WD went into limp mode (low turbo boost pressure) climbing the ridges up from the Colo River. Think the problem is now sorted, a sticky wastegate. Picking up a scanner to be able to read error codes and cancel them as well so I do not get caught crawling up slopes at 10 km per hour or stranded in an isolated area without mobile coverage.

Hope you find some nice stones. :)

No mate, I'm sitting at home waiting for the panel beater to call, hopefully should get the Prado back today, no Minerama for me this year. Bummer about the limp home mode, yeah the Putty Rd can be a little scary at the best of times, not many safe places to pull over and the trucks just hammer through there. Hope the issue is sorted. Are you still heading up or giving it a miss after that?

We're heading up over Easter from the 22nd for 4 or 5 days I think.

Hi Heatho,

Sorry you could not make it. Gather a 25 ct zircon was found on one trip along with a blue 7ct sapphire.

Well I know it was not the turbo causing the $WD problem as have now had it poked at.
Have a CreaderV scanner now so can look at the code and data and clear the limp mode. :) .
P0299 code has happened twice since Colo River both times after getting down the mountains onto the M4 and across the Nepean River. All advice says carbon and gunked up EGR hose and/or valve and inlet manifold. Booked in with my mechanic for next Monday.

For a second I thought the car was just scared of going over rivers. :D

Latest posts