Any ideas on my find ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danmuss

Danny
Reaction score
Found this 4 inches under ground, its 925 sterling silver but Ive searched the web high and low and closest I came to with the markings was possibly a Egyptian symbol, which could be the year?
1393730886_photo_8.png

1393730936_photo_5.png

1393730984_photo_9.jpg

I found it in a local park under a very large tree 4" down, yeh I thought celtic too, but cant find this hall mark ?

very nice find mate keep us posted if you find anything interesting. I also think it look Celtic as it has similar patterns to cross i got from Scotland.

WarD40 said:
very nice find mate keep us posted if you find anything interesting. I also think it look Celtic as it has similar patterns to cross i got from Scotland.

Yeh im from Scotland myself and thought celtic.. but ive searched all the hall marks Scottish, English, Irish etc and this mark isnt either.. closest design I found was Egyptian but nothing exactly the same, so im a bit lost on identifications lol

Nice find mate, reckon i'd be wrapped to pick that up, interested to hear about what you learn from it ;)

DiggaDan said:
Nice find mate, reckon i'd be wrapped to pick that up, interested to hear about what you learn from it ;)
Thanks mate, me and my partner have only started detecting, about 15hrs total..so finding that is awesomeness to me lol :D

nice find there, looks like a bracelet, I bet your heart was racing when you dug that up

Snowy said:
nice find there, looks like a bracelet, I bet your heart was racing when you dug that up
Yeh its defo a bracelet, when we dug it, we actually thought it was another beer can cause it was hard deep, and cause we had found a few beers cans prior lol.. couldn't believe it tho once I got it out and brushed it off.. my best find so far lol

Pete_The_Prospector said:
Maori bracelet
Yeh it defo looks like that, but I cant find this hallmark anywhere to date it, just cant find any info on it, just that its 925 sterling silver lol

Is the hallmark an actual hallmark, or initials, maybe the makers stamp or ID. I can't see the pic very good, I'm old ;)

Latest posts