Planning a trip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey everyone

Iam planning a trip this weekend to either grabben gullen or wee jasper just wondering if anyone on the forum has fossicked the area recently and knows what the access is like and also whether there are any nice stones being pulled at the moment also any information anyone is willing to share on areas that are good to fossick would be greatly appreciated new to the game thanks in advance everyone :)

Have a flick through Alluvial gold prospecting there's a little info on wee jasper.
Been there once nice camping ground with facilities.

I was in GG last week end, not so many people, not so many stones, water quite low but still flowing.
Access is good, but most of the easy spots have been hit hard, so you have to be smart or walk a bit to find stones.

I made a video for friends in France, sorry I speak French but you can see the level of water and the finds (it is a serie of 3 video).

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/SySPrPG-_lM[/video]

I havn't been there for a few months but have never come home totally empty handed either. Some very nice stones are always coming out of GG, just need to try a few different spots, they are there, no doubt about it.

Latest posts