If it looks like a Walbanker, catches gold like a Walbanker.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy for them to be used all over the world royalty free as the guys who use them are "prospectors", and as such are amongst the nicest guys you'll ever meet in the great outdoors. It's guys like him who are the quiet achievers, and keep the dream alive for others to follow. ;)

Cheers Wal.

Brilliant response Wal -- gotta love that attitude!

I haven't even met you in person (yet) but you have gained great kudos in my eyes.

Note: I am not into 'hero worship' as such (so don't worry about any of that from me), but I do seriously believe in credit where it is due! -- and Wal, it is due :).

As a side point, I recently met Nick Greiner at a small event (there were maybe 30 people there). He is one of the few 'polys' for whom I have some lasting respect ;). Still treated him like any other person. Same with Kate Blanchett -- discussed parenting with her (like any other parent).

Point is this ... A person is a person -- it matters far more how you are, than who you are (my opinion)

PS ... How'd you go in the fishing tourney?

Lucky enough for our team to be on the winners list again for 4 consecutive tournaments and walked away with over $7000 worth of prizes. All in all a great weekend with a great bunch of guys.....almost as great as prospectors, but a bit more competitive. :D

Cheers Wal.

By the looks of it there might be a market for Aussie bread crates on eBay US soon too... Looks as tho theirs aren't to the same spec as ours!

Wal what fishing comps do you do with prizes like that? I've fished ANSA comps and a couple other local comps here in vic and the best first prize win I've come home with is a $700 BBQ,and the ANSA ones is luck on the raffle tables.

G'day Matty,

ANSA comps are generally only hosted by local fishing clubs and even up here in NSW they mainly fish for trophys. The one I fished in is the Monarch Bream Tournament, and is by invitation only. ;) This years total prize pool was $21,000. We had an entry capped at 110 anglers, and the tournament is restricted to Tuross Lake only.

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Lucky enough for our team to be on the winners list again for 4 consecutive tournaments and walked away with over $7000 worth of prizes. All in all a great weekend with a great bunch of guys.....almost as great as prospectors, but a bit more competitive. :D

Cheers Wal.

Well done Wal , glad to hear you did well

Cheers Paul

Wow with that kinda prize pool it kinda makes you want to chase bream. You're right tho ANSA is pretty much for bragging rights, only about 7 clubs now here in vic that actively fish all of the conventions for the year, and the BBQ come from a local snapper comp but I would've been just as happy with the first place alone and the prize was a bonus.I think most of the bream circuits here are invite too, tho haven't looked that hard into them as bream are a fair way down the list on my top species to target.