Funny/Scary Animal encounters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headbut

Paul
Reaction score
Hi All , thought I would start this with my story

The cousin was looking at purchasing some land deep within the national park of Yengo , referred to as Little Yengo, more a lease/caretaker type situation & the cost was under $30,000 , but in saying that, the only dwelling allowed would have been a garage/shed - no home allowed

To get there we had to turn of the Putty Road through a fire trail gate , then 4 more gates before we were in the national park.

The main access road , had not ben travelled on for some time , therefore quiet overgrown (Photo Below of entry)

1391671166_photo0001.jpg

And this was the view behind us on the "Track !"

1391671373_photo0004.jpg

Drivng this track with all the overgrown vegetation , we were getting whipped by branches of every tree , so we closed the windows , feeling safe I looked up to check & OK , the sunroof was still openl, no drop bears here :D

THEN ...............I feel something touch by bald head ,SHIT I though & looked up , and saw one of these going back up his web

1391677749_photo0006.jpg

Well , that did not go down well with me , and before I knew it , I was also in the drivers seat :D :D ,Yelling at cous to get that frigin thing away from me & I kid you not the body of that spider was the size of a golf ball + LEGS

When we parked, I saw quiet a few of them & took that photo , unfortunately the offending spider that scared the crap out of US , was in no condition to be photographed

And the land we spent 4 hours trying to get to was the side of a mountain & no way could you build a dunny , let alone a shed

Cheers Paul

Mate I hope you had a spare pair packed because that thing would have scared the shit out of me :eek:. Great story but I hate spiders with a passion, especially ones like that with the sharp pointy legs.

Spiders are ok so slow and really have to be un lucky to get bitten by one unless its in your shoe or something like that. Snakes on the other hand. Quick little bastards and as I found out like on most occasions are stubborn. I don't care what any expert says was a landscaper working on property's in dural nsw for many years. Loud noises don't mean crap. You know your alive when you pick a bucket of dirt in a bobcat and you hit a nest and mum isn't too impressed especially when she is stuck in the 4 in 1. Also last trip out tuena way walking back thru the creek I thought I saw an eel that was swimming round a rock that I stepped over no less than 10 mins ago. Bullshit! It was a black! And standing no less than 5 m away trying to create a spa bath, this sucker wouldn't leave. He was fishing. Kept swimming and chasing what ever was under there. He made me walk thru the long grass. It took me almost an hour for a 5 minute walk. I finally made it back to my car shut the door cursed like you wouldn't believe turned the car on and holy shit it was the flash. Other times I see snakes on a track and 20m away they leave. Bottom line never trust the bastards

Holey shite Headbut one of the FireFighters at my station was bitten by that exact same type of spider at an incident with in 20 minutes his chest was covered in bark purple blotches transported to Hospital......observed over night there were no other complications.
He was discharged and it took a month for the rash to disappear.
test results came back negative.
Scared the crap out of him.
cheers

I wasn't even in the bush. Few years back went to Perth for a few weeks, summertime, was in bed, lying on my stomach, nothing on but jocks and a sheet to the waist.

Woke to feel something on my back, felt like little pin pricks slowly moving up my back. Got the wife to turn on a light, when she screamed I had a real problem keeping still, quiet and sane.

She woke her brother, who came in with a newspaper, unknown to me cos I was face down. Next thing I get king hit with the frickin paper - one squashed black, shiny thin bodied spider (B in Laws description). The pin pricks were its legs walking on me.

I was pouring with sweat, (wasn't the ambient temp) and almost hyper ventilating. I remember not getting much sleep that night and spending the next few nights checking the room and the bed.

I HATE SPIDERS I HATE SPIDERS I HATE SPIDERS I HATE SPIDERS I HATE SPIDERS I HATE SPIDERS

condor22 said:
I wasn't even in the bush. Few years back went to Perth for a few weeks, summertime, was in bed, lying on my stomach, nothing on but jocks and a sheet to the waist.

Woke to feel something on my back, felt like little pin pricks slowly moving up my back. Got the wife to turn on a light, when she screamed I had a real problem keeping still, quiet and sane.

She woke her brother, who came in with a newspaper, unknown to me cos I was face down. Next thing I get king hit with the frickin paper - one squashed black, shiny thin bodied spider (B in Laws description). The pin pricks were its legs walking on me.

I was pouring with sweat, (wasn't the ambient temp) and almost hyper ventilating. I remember not getting much sleep that night and spending the next few nights checking the room and the bed.

I HATE SPIDERS I HATE SPIDERS I HATE SPIDERS I HATE SPIDERS I HATE SPIDERS I HATE SPIDERS

Ahh come on mate , some spiders are hairy like a cute little teddy bear . . . And they don't eat much !

;)

Sorry for those of you who are sensitive about them :lol:

Funny animal story . . . I was bitten on the toe by a mouse once while sleeping , reckon the little bugger didn't know what he'd had his paws wrapped around until I turned the light on .
"Then he became enlightened"

Hahahahha what a bloody hilarious bunch you are. I still found the best way to handle a king brown insistent on pushing you further against the wall and getting ready to strike, is to "take his picture" ..... with a Glock :D

I know a guy who was bitten by a Wolf spider, he owned a Deli and Newsagency, went to pick up the papers early one morning in front of the shop, it got him on a finger. Swelling and pain for several weeks.
That was not funny.

Also, a guy I did my apprenticeship with was out having his way with his girlfriend on the grass in a park. He got bitten on the end of his "old fella" by a bull ant. He had a constant swelling errection for about 5 days.
That was funny.

In similar cicumstances, on a beach, I got my ass bitten to buggery by sand flies.
That was not funny then - Can laugh about it now

We could here a strange noise outside the van one day in WA, Dudette went outside to investigate. I thought the bloody van was on fire the way she did the runner as soon as she got out the door!
Ended up it was a 5ft Bungarra licking the drain pipe of the van. Her reaction was priceless, wish I had it on film :D .

24b1e74623d95579fcfd9c960f9d947b.jpg

DD

Brumble-Gum said:
In Clermont I looked down and saw this "Hairy Rock' in my scoop while dividing soil with my bare hands to retrieve a target.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1569/1391683074_imag0232.jpg

Bugger that Bubnlegum! I love gold, but hate spiders more. Id be packing the van up an heading somewhere else if I got one of them in my scoop.

DD

As a mad teenager, back around the time that Noah was a pup, went with some mates to pinch grapes from a local vineyard.Snuck in night time. Jumper full of grapes went to leave when nature's call got the better of me.
Let it 'all hang out' to do the necessary and got nailed right on the end by a bloody great spider and felt like being stabbed by a red hot needle. Had to've been amongst the grapes.
The pain was indescribable and the swelling something else again. Coupla days and it got the better of me so went to see the local quack. Who, upon inspecting the 'damage', simply exploded into laughter. When asked if he could fix the problem said he could. When asked if he could fix the problem AND leave it the same size nearly wet himself. Bugger! Would've been something to really scare the girls with.
Anyway, lesson learned, keep all spideys away from the nether region.

I operate excavators working on big job and got bitten on the bum crack by spider and no one offered to give me first aid had big lump for weeks always worried about sitting on machinery now :)

in 2003 we moved into our new place not far from Beechworth and we had fires on almost all 4 sides, so about 11pm the minister of finance went to the side of the house to check out the glow from the Stanley fires when she came back doing a tribal dance and doing the frantic "Oooh!!! Arrh!!!".

One of the boys and I went round to find a dazed and confused 4ft brown snake, she had stepped on it's head in bare feet (no wonder it didn't bite her).

Over a 10 year period we dispatched about 16 browns and 2 king browns, they were on private property ;-0

Bazz

Gotta love nature :D

DD, that reminds me of my sister, she'd still be running to this day if that were her hahahaha