Gold Magic Spiral Wheel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mozzie1957

Wayne Blyton
Reaction score
Are these worth the dollars? And do they move material quicker than panning? My thoughts were that this may be easier on you, physically, than a day panning?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Apparently these are self-classifying as well - taking material up to 2".

1391239473_goldmagic.png

Mate anything is easier than a day panning, probably a good unit if there is no water flow. An AM sluice would process more though I reckonif you have flow, I have no experience with a goldwheel though so just guessing.

Yes they do work but the secret of how to use them is to have the material classified to same size,that you need to use a fine sieve and check that you are not throwing way any larger pieces when you sieve,and put the finer material through the wheel.
They are much faster than panning.

Hope this helps.

Hello Mozzie,

I have used one for a few years now, to process the concentrate from a small dryblower.
Works ok but to make sure I don't lose any gold i put it through the machine at least 2 times.

yes i have seen one of these in action and they do work great but depending on the size of your gold you may have to keep cyclelateing it around so you get less of the dirt and more of the fine gold

Anyone got one there not using they would like to sell?
Just PM me if you do I wouldn't mind one

yes i did also, Ive never seen those little blocks on the middle of the riffle used before, as a gold wheel user I knew strait away what they were for, they re- concentrate "high flow" water to the areas where dirt usually blocks up and requires physical intervention. marvelous idea!

The only gold wheel you should NEVER buy is the Keene one, you cannot adjust angle and the water flow is insufficient! I like Keene but i hate the spiral wheel they made.

Mr Boring said:
yes i did also, Ive never seen those little blocks on the middle of the riffle used before, as a gold wheel user I knew strait away what they were for, they re- concentrate "high flow" water to the areas where dirt usually blocks up and requires physical intervention. marvelous idea!

I noticed on their website they say it can be used wet or dry , what do you think of gold wheels Mr Boring ' you said you use them :)

lol... yeah spiral wheel makers have always said that about dry capabilities, but it does not work in practice that i have found. I tried it once and...yeah, Didn't work... a dryblower is the only thing i've seen that works in dry conditions..I could be wrong

one thing is important with using spiral wheels for concentrate recovery...Use plenty of soap or detergent to keep the hardness of the water low. Gold floats!! don't learn the hard way like me!! A little dab of mercury every 5 minuttes helps those bits go up that are caught in the wheel

Mr Boring said:
lol... yeah spiral wheel makers have always said that about dry capabilities, but it does not work in practice that i have found. I tried it once and...yeah, Didn't work... a dryblower is the only thing i've seen that works in dry conditions..I could be wrong

Thanks Mr Boring , though that little Gold Magic Wheel might be able to handle small amounts of dry concentrate .

I know that to make a unit that can move dirt quickly dry with great efficiency is a challenge ;)

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but am interested in getting one of these as Im tired of panning buckets in my backyard and still waiting on a highbanker. Anyone know where I could buy one in Aus? Looks like the only option is for a US import and that looks like quite an expensive option.

Or perhaps the Keene model has been improved since?

Latest posts