3 gram sapphire

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am 'the wife'..Just letting you know whilst hubby has gold fever I bought 12 bags of dirt for $10 each & amongst the many sapphires in them nabbed myself a 3 gram 15 carrot almost black looking blue one. Pretty bloody happy with that! :D Anyone know approx. cut worth of this????

in Australia it is around 35 dollars a carrot well done you can get them cut over seas but a good stone should be cut local a lot safer that way :) check out other gem topics they cover this sort of thing in a lot of detail :)

If its translucent, its worth much more, put on a torch & see if light shines through it . The more translucent , the better

Cheers Paul

Well done on your find.

I'm curious as to where you would buy bags of dirt that may contain sapphires? I'm also curious as to weather or not the bags are "salted"?

1390982223_img_0032-optimized.jpg
1390982059_img_0034-optimized.jpg

found at Inverell, glen innes :D whats salted?

Salted is a term which is used when they put the sapphires/gold in the dirt. Prime example is the water way in soverin hill, they put the gold in there for you to find.

Nice finds from Inverell.

I could only wish to find something like that in Victoria.

Latest posts