Need some "Tall Stories" from all the Fisherman on the forum

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a cracker Barra for Wiepa....my best went 1050 and got that one at the mouth of grandma's...loved the place that much i went up at easter for 5 years running. The variety of fish on lures is mind boggling...my best day was 23 species on lures...not many places around with the same variety... all reachable with a 13' tinnie....like i said...must be good for you to be living in gods country.....If ever your down south i can take you out to catch a rainbow trout....but i guess that may be seen as an anti climax....Cheers Wal. :)

I grumble about the heat in Summer up here, but you are right, I do have an awesome place to live. Winter is the most magical time of year. Under the Andoom bridge at night in Weipa is an experience. Hands inside the boat at all times lest the Bull sharks relieve you of some digits and when you hook up, Hang On!

If ever you 're down this way "kem"...pm me and I'll make sure you can at least get a decent trout on your list...most of the browns we get up in Lake Eucumbene are better than 2kg with many over the 4kg mark. I got one last May that went 6.2 kg on the old fly rod ...Cheers Wal. :)

That's a great offer Wal I will certainly keep that on my "to do"list. That's the list before the bucket list. :D Thanks, may your next pan clunck like a sailor with a wooden leg on a corrugated iron roof :D

1362008744_cod.jpg

Nice Murray Cod

Thanks guys, its the Goulburn River near Seymour, Victoria.
Always pull some nice code from there!

Great fish Col and good to see another user of the "long Wand"....Can't wait till the big bucks start cruising around the river mouth in April....Might see you up there...Cheers Wal. :)

Definitely be heading up in the next couple of months. There was a really good run of fish last year C&R a few absolute beauties. It's just over an hour using the back road to the river which is a bonus.

Cheers

Col

Just hooked up the tinnie...sharpened a few fly hooks...polished up the fly rod...shook the spiders out of the waders...and got a leave pass from Liz to head up to Lake Eucumbene for a crack at some late night fly fishing for hopefully over sized trout. :D guess who's a bit excited.... :p

P1000057_zps5c257f73.jpg

P1000040_zpsb55c1f42.jpg

P1000039_zps05a48f61.jpg

P1000038_zpsa503a2dd.jpg

Hi Guys,these are some of the fish we caught last outing in Weipa. The Barra was caught just after a wicked afternoon storm by one of my workers. He is a pretty good fisho and features a bit in our fishing shots. The baby Groper was released after the shot, they are beautiful fish straight out of the water and fight hard. I got my mug on camera with a Blue Salmon and he had the Grunter. The photo of the eagle was planned. When you catch Catfish you dong them on the head and let them float out with someone on the camera with it hidden because if they see you with anything in your hand they tend not to come too close. This is the end result of a plan that came together. What a place!!!!!!! :) :)

This is a story of an outing in Weipa that went wrong. Two boats set out early to head up to a place called The Y. It was all going splendidly until the guy holding the Barra decided he was going to stand up and give his butt a rest from banging on the front. The tie down rope on the front of the boat was re-tied by one of the blokes in the other boat. As he was standing we hit a small chop from the other boat, the knot released, he fell back onto the two of us at the rear, we pushed him away, as we did the boat flicked slightly to one side. He fell back again, this time he snapped the tiller arm of and it jammed behind the back seat at a 45 degree angle at 3/4 throttle. The 3 of us got spat straight out, 2 of us one side and 1 the other. the guy who caused the fuss went the opposite to us. I went in and as I was under the water, said a little prayer and decided to swim up at as great an angle as I could to distance myself from the boat that was spinning out of controll on the surface. By this time the other boat had seen the commotion and was heading back. It took a little while for one of the guys to surface because he could hear the boat roaring around overhead. He finally did what I did and surfaced to be plucked up by the other boat, then Kyle, the guy on my side, then me (thats right leave the bloody boss till last).We then had to wait for about 30 minutes till the boat choked itself so we could board and assess the damage. Only last nights pizza was ruined and of course the tiller oh and a hugh amount of pride!! Not to be discouraged we threw a rope to the other boat and they towed us to the fishing spot. I must say ther were 3 very relieved and lucky guys who quietly fished the day away. The barra boy said that when he went into the water he felt the prop brush past his stomach as it went past. I think the prayer might have worked, Thank God. That water is full of Bull sharks not to mention crocs and we would have been in the widest part of the whole system.The moto, if it's got seats, sit on the bloody things.

This is actually a true story,sad to say I'm usually more safety conscious than that. It's funny that people turned up out of nowhere with iphones and the video rolling. It was hard to hide when you're the only ones in the boat ringing wet with a bright red dial.

Latest posts