zircons gemstones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all,

can zircon gemstones come in a pink color please let me know as I have a speck of a zircon its pink color but can be seen through its very small though let know please

I think you will find zircons can come in many shades of the typical red we are use to seeing including stones that appear pink in appearance.

I know in the location i normally go hunting sapph that the zircons range from the most stunning bright ruby red through to duller and lighter shades some so light they look pink.

Adam

Hey Eureka Wow,

Elbowgrease is right on the money. Zircons do come in a variety of colours blue, brown, green, yellow, orange, red, colourless and yes pink in some locations.

Do your stones have a pyramid on either side of the stone or are they well rounded?

Cheers

I of them has a pyramid on one side and flat one the other side its kind of like in a rectangle shape to it

1389680526_image_16.jpg

wow that's an amazing collection are red zircons good to find my gemstone has a kind of shimmer to it

Hi eureka wow. If you like zircons you should go to Branxholm, Tasmania, where the local creek has so many that you can collect a couple of kilos in a day easily. I cleaned up a crack over an hour or so and got a tub full... Let me see if I can get a picture.

whats that big bit in the middle wow another great collection mine has a shiny complexion sort of like glass to it

Latest posts