Weekend Miner over Canada Way

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ryan,
Thanks for the video. I agree with axeman too cold for me but it must be great to have your own claim to be able to go to. Keep up the great work and hopefully you will find much more gold.
Donna :)

Thanks for sharing the vid with us Ryan. Looks like that spot has a lot of potential, and could keep you busy for a very long time.

Best of luck and look forward to seeing more vids as you make them.

Cheers Wal.

Great video Ryan. Nice explanations of the methods your using. Looks lije your claim will be very productive for you. I like the set up of your highbanker. Was the first section of the sluice a home build?

Cheers, Tone

TenOunce Tone said:
Great video Ryan. Nice explanations of the methods your using. Looks lije your claim will be very productive for you. I like the set up of your highbanker. Was the first section of the sluice a home build?

Cheers, Tone

The whole setup is home made. The top box was made out of yellow cedar in the wood shop. Later I decided to add the lower 4' box. The hopper was the last piece of the puzzle. All of the aluminum was cut with a skil saw in the garage and taken out to have bent and/or welded.

The Fraser is a bit of a funny system. It is not really known for a lot of big gold so bedrock isnt always a guaranteed hit. The river also comes up another 10-12 meters in the spring when the snow melts so there is a huge volume that washes through and moves the gold around. So there is gold on bedrock in places, but those places must subscribe to placer rules rather than nuggets in a crack rules(there are a few though).

There are some gems around and I am looking for them as I go. There are heaps of bloody garnets around, but they are more of a pain than precious. There are some more desirable gems here, even a bit of opal if you know where to look. I am no expert though.

I am excited that I found my first platinum flake off of my claim. I re ran those cons from the video after some extra classification and there the little bugger was. :D

wow . you have more patience than me

i run my blue bowl faster , maybe 12 - 20 mm from the top and then run them through again , sometimes getting a tiny little flake or two but thats me .

impatient :D

do you find that Doc's 9 degree slope on the mats works for you ?

nice to see some chunky gold in your pan

welcome to the forum by the way :D

Hey all, thought I would share another one of my productions from my Fraser River claims in BC. I got a hold of some new Down Draft mats from Doc over at gold hog and gave them a good run. I would be lying if I said I wasn't impressed with my results. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing guys, great video. Few of our guys use the goldhog mats here in au with same success capture rate. I like them because it reduces the amount of cons you end up at the end of the day. :)

Ya that is one of the best things about the hog mats. After 3.5 hours of running I only brought home 1 liter of concentrates. I also have a gold cube and it turns that 1 liter into 1 cup.

The spring floods are just around the corner though, so I dont think I will be touching bedrock this season. Also the wife is 8 months up the guff so that is going to slow things down too!

Good luck through the spring :) and enjoy the addition who knows you maybe able to train them to dig for you :)

Latest posts