First bit of fossicking

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattC

Matt
Reaction score
Had a couple days out camping with the kids out past Daylesford in Vic. The creek that normally runs through our little valley was dry so the kids spent a fair bit of time exploring it picking up bits of quartz which had some interesting crystals? in them. None were real big but some were crystal (excuse the pun :) ) clear while others were clear but with a yellow hue to them. Nothing real spectacular I don't think but fun none the less. Cant wait to get my macro lens to get some better close ups. One pic below.

Specking for crystals along dry creek beds can be a great way to fill in some enjoyable hours with the kids. They always have a smile on their faces when a crystal shows itself. Great start to your collection.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal. It was quite enjoyable. We found quite a few specimens including one that had a whole cluster of crystals about 3-5mm long that looked like a whole bunch of pins stuck in a cushion. Cant really get a pic of it with my current lens but will when I get better setup. The kids have already insisted I get them each a rock hammer :D

I think that is a very nice find, I would be very happy with that. A bit of insentive if I spelt it correct

Latest posts