Quartz Crystal Pendant

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a Quartz crystal pendant I made using an empty .30-06 cartridge.

1388970153_wp_000374rrrrr.jpg

To make it I cut the end off the cartridge to make the holder then flattened the opening of it out to more of an oval shape to fit the crystal (crystal isn't evenly shaped). Next I popped the primer out and filed two groves into it at opposite ends to hold the chain loop securely, then I cut a slither of the neck off the cartridge to make the loop which I had to shape to fit inside the primer. All that was left to do was to hook the groves in the primer over the chain loop, push the primer back into the cartridge, polish with wet&dry/brasso and push the crystal into the cartridge with a little araldite as a precaution (it was a tight enough fit to hold it on securely).

I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt, and I've had people ask for one (the Missus has claimed that one :rolleyes: ), so I'm happy with it :D .

A really great looking pendant there Kingsy....like the cartridge idea for the top mate. Keep the good ideas flowing,

Cheers Wal.

Great idea, cartridge left a little longer or full lenght could look like some nice crystal bullets, or facet some cz tips to go in nice colors

Thanks everyone, glad you like it! I've been wanting to do that with a .223 cartridge but I can't facet, I'd love to learn though.

Good job kingsy. Great idea with the cartridge. I am not surprised the gf snapped it up. :) It's even better when you can give her something that you made and found yourself.

It is :) , I just need to learn how to make things involving a little more skill now :rolleyes: .

Thanks, they're nice and simple to make and there's plenty of different calibres to play with.

Latest posts