Go below 01

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20x

scott
Reaction score
Let's see what's down there..
1641353568_20220105_142921.jpg

Coffin length = 1.6m
Width = 0.6m
Session 01 duration = 2.5 hrs
Depth = 0.5m

fwdoz said:
Good looking soil. How many bits did you find?
Zero, guessing about 2m to the bottom, just coming on to the good hard clays n gravels..

fwdoz said:
20xwater said:
Zero, guessing about 2m to the bottom, just coming on to the good hard clays n gravels..

Need one of those auger bits that go into a drill & do a test hole, then pan it.
It is a test hole mate, dig n scan with the monster and get to the bottom asap.

20xwater said:
fwdoz said:
20xwater said:

Need one of those auger bits that go into a drill & do a test hole, then pan it.
It is a test hole mate, dig n scan with the monster and get to the bottom asap.

Here was me thinking you must have found a slab twice the size of the Hand of Faith, to get it at that depth with a Gold Monster running the small coil! Ah well, dream on... :goldnugget:

I remember 40 years ago, a mate and i went to the diggins and thought we would dig down between two workings as it hadnt been touched. Well for good reason too, we dug about 7 ft down and 5 ft round for one tiny speck. That was enough for me to give the adventure a big miss but who knows another foot and things could have been very different. Best Wishes 20Xwater.
Mackka

Just don't leave a pile of old bones wrapped in an old blanket in the bottom when you fill her in 20.... and no old detector found young head Victorian pennies in the middle either.
:p

A friend took me to his mining lease about 60km north of here. He's working with a mate putting together a big dryblower for the rich alluvial patch on a slope covering about 10HA. There's a big mineshaft dug at the head of the slope where they tried to dig the motherlode. They missed it by about 5m. This guy has since opened out the side of their original shaft for several hundred ounces and there's a lot more gold there. The original shaft just produced baron quartz but they knew it was there because it has spread right down the gently sloping incline. If they'd had the machinery available these days a few drill holes would have saved an awful lot of digging and would have paid handsomely.

Re ( i went to the diggins and thought we would dig down between two workings as it hadnt been touched)

Years ago when I first got the 7000, dug another foot down on one corner of a diggins, must have been around 7ft down from ground level, then dug 2 ft into the bank towards the next diggin to no avail. Then its a fill-in job and replace the tree branch's that I pulled out, and a rest up for the next 3 hours. ( Maybe I hit a false bottom, but from memory I hit river gravel)

What spurred me on to this exercise, as previously I have found a 12gmer on the side of a hole/diggins about 1/2 way down and .9m, at 45 Deg.

I like the way your thinking 20x. :Y: Maker sure the hole is resistant to the weather {water}. cheers Jemba

By getting a near by exposed bedrock foliation direction, the long side of the hole is at 90 so when I hit the bottom I get more of a picture/map of the bottom compared to being parrellal/inline with a crevice or peak.
But even that might be useless coz the adjacent lead has worn it's way through the foliation of the bedrock on a 45 angle.
Dig and hope for an anomaly..

I love watching these unfold. If you don't have a crack, you will never know.
Hope ya sink down straight on top of deep pocket full of colour. :goldnugget: :goldnugget: