Ironstone and mineralised veins

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im on a property not far from Bodangora, limestone is the dominant bedrock. I notice no gold mines on minview are in the limestone section but I went for a look today instead of the river. Found a lot of big weathered grey rocks that have wide mineralised veins and Im wondering if theyd be worth crushing and panning. The big grey rocks on the surface only occur in a 50m belt through the property.

Near these theres a very small patch of what Im assuming is ironstone, but not 100% sure. They are magnetic but a few have a really shiny black layers on them. The patch also has occasional water warn quartz pebbles around, is there any a chance of finding gold among it all? Cheers

1638248240_ac6ea950-b8f6-4ec8-b51c-8b843273aa49.jpg

1638248241_236b68f6-506e-48c5-8b9a-8703508f2da3.jpg

Where are the water worn quartz pebbles from? A stream? Waterways would suggest its worth further exploration, I reckon. :Y:

Thanks Phil, did a bit more sampling/panning and the waterworn quartz isnt too plentiful in that spot. Will be doing more digging nearby to try and locate more gravels but if I cant Ill spend my time wiser