hitting the road

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, just a quick thanks to all the contributors to this forum, have been reading and learning for quite a while now and thought it was time to join.
Wifey and myself currently live in Hervey Bay Queensland but will be hitting the road early next year for 6 months or so to see some of our beautiful country and hopefully find a couple of bits of shiny stuff.(one speck of fly $#1+ in each state would do)
Have done a fair bit of panning,some detecting- equinox 800 (any scrap metal dealers like to buy a heap of beer tops?) and have just upgraded to a gpx 6000.
First port of call will be Clermont later this year to get my head around the 6000, havent got my hopes up as we will be travelling in a Transit van with no off road capability (Has dual wheels on the rear so really its a 4wd isnt it?) so limited where we can go, but hey, have legs will travel.
Then will probably be Bathurst, quick stop in Sydney to see relly's, golden triangle and work our way around to W.A. as the weather cools down.
Anyway thanks again to everyone who make this site a trove of information for us newbies to learn from.
Cheers. Chuggett.

Welcome aboard chuggett :D

I can imagine your picture frame with Australia in outline, showing the states with a small gold sample in each state(just the littlies you find not the big ones you end up carting home).
That would certainly be something special on the pool room wall eh. :p
Good luck on your journey.

(Someone should market those expensive state gold wall frames at any rate.... I recon they'd sell well) :perfect:

Thanks guys,
I like the idea of the map with gold finds from each state, i could hang a magnifying glass from the bottom so you can see them. Ha
Can't believe i haven't gotten any takers for my bulk lot of beer lids. Might have more luck with my vintage sinker collection.
Cheers Chuggett.

Thanks guys,
I like the idea of the map with gold finds from each state, i could hang a magnifying glass from the bottom so you can see them. Ha
Can't believe i haven't gotten any takers for my bulk lot of beer lids. Might have more luck with my vintage sinker collection.
Cheers Chuggett.
You shouldn't be digging so many bottle tops, you need to change one of the park settings to 10 kHz and save that to the personal button on right side of your Equinox 800 (little man insignia note: 600 doesn't have this function) then when searching in multi and No13/14 (possible bottle top) comes up press personal button (now 10 kHz) & recheck target if it jumps to 22 - 27 it's a bottle top! If it stays on 13 have a look! Don't forget to push personal button again to search in multi.

Latest posts