Balmain Bob's videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a light language alert for any young uns needing an edumacation lol.

Bugga hey ! :p Great video :D

Nightjar,
I do pinpoint with the detector but if you may notice its a 17 x 13 evo coil. Unlike alot of other detectorists, I pinpoint the target with the coil and then dig straight down instead of digging a wide hole. Once i get to a depth that the coil becomes useless to pinpoint I pull out the pinpointer thus saving me a hell of a lot of digging that isnt required.
Yes there were a couplle of bugarra holes nearby. but I had picked up a couple of nuggets within a few feet of that target not long b4 this one and this target was through undug ground and worth the effort

Yes I was not too happy about the result but thats the way it goes.

I week latter I did find a 20 + gram bit a few metres away :D

Nightjar said:
Looks like a bungarra hole near where you're digging, they are notorious for pulling cans down into their holes.
Leave the pinpointer down there when you fill in the hole, you have a detector for pinpointing.?

I had to google that to find out what the hell you were talking about Nightjar. Well if this game isn't hard enough already now we have bloody great lizards pulling cans down into the ground!

I once had a similar deep dig experience, was in known gold ground and got a great signal from the 15" coil.
Well 2 feet and about 1 hour later I'm still digging, the ground was hard as, had to open the hole. 35 degC, no water with me, damn flies and now I'm down about 2-3/4 feet.
I see a glimpse of something goldish in colour, oh man I was excited, the heart was pumping, kept digging and finally, its out..
A bloody sheet of copper!
I looked up, all the birds had their fingers in their ears, man I cursed that bloody thing.
I went home. Aint never been back there, nor will I

It took me around 12 hours the hand stich it back together, Finished it off this arve. It needs to go and get machined stitched when I can afford it but its now weatherproof

1641908125_20220111_151912.jpg

Im yet to get to the annex side of the camper but the annex roof will need to go to a canvas reapir place as it needs a large patch sown into it

Its all part of the fun prospecting out here in WA.

Had I not had a speedy stitcher with me I would have been stuffed. Its one item everyone should have in their kit

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, great job on the running repairs. You mention the speedy stitcher, I have one in my camper kit, never had the need to use it, but after seeing this I will be pulling it out and practising with it in the next few weeks.

Hopefully the little rivulets are glistening with concentrated smalls after that, you could check them out like Mrs Moneybox.
You may need tweezers if you find any(could be worth a look). :goldnugget: :goldpan:

Nightjar .. The storm was last Saturday arvo

Manpa.. It takes a bit of time to get the rythem worked out using it but once thats sorted it a great tool. It has come in handy for running repairs to many times

Silver There are no real riverletts around the area. the water just seems to run off in a sheet or dissapear straight into the ground but I will have a look in the couple of tiny creek lines about the place

Latest posts