Sp01

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Looking for an sp01
Can Pick up anywhere in the gt or Melbourne.
Thanks!

Jaros said:
Is your Avatar a cross GSP/Kelpie? Luv GSP's

Hi jaros,

She is a German wire haired pointer (gwp)
Amazing pet :perfect: not a hunting bone in her :lol:

I guess the sp01 is a bit like hens teeth at the moment...
Everywhere out of stock and none coming up second hand :/

Mackka said:
The business has changed hands or one partner is doing other things I believe however, i did hear that production was slow but will be made.
Mackka

I think I'll try to order one direct from them rather than from another supplier...
Cheers

Is there another booster I should consider? Or just wait it out for the sp01?
Thanks!

Prior to the SP01, 'boosters' were just that: basic signal amplifiers, differing mainly in battery size and robustness/reliability. The SP01 is a 'second generation' device, using signal processing to amplify and selectively modify target signals. It was also designed up to a specification rather than down to a price IMHO, and quickly proved itself in the field, with satisfied users spreading the word.

The quick and dirty solution is to buy a cheap, pocketable, electric guitar amplifier via eBay and there's earlier discussion here on PA about this approach. These little gizmos will give you signal amplification and some degree of tonal control. They're not very robust, but they're cheap and one may tide you over in the interim while you wait for an SP01 to become available.

Discussion link:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10801

You can pick up a B&Z booster for under $100 SH. Works well for the money and there are alot of people who use them.
My pick would be SP01 over $240 or $a little less than $200 SH then a B&Z for less than $100 SH or $150 new.

SP01 is the big boy on the block but trying to find them will be almost impossible.
B&Z do work well but different technology

Cheers

AH

Pb. My understanding that Sp01 production has started up and some units have already gone to Detector Shop outlets but are probably already pre sold.

Suggest you follow up and get on a waite list.

( How's that for putting on pressure to increase production)

Thanks everyone! I will definately wait it out for the sp01 then.
I'm already on a couple of wait lists but I might jump on as many as I can :)
Scored a set of gray ghost headphones already so that should help too :perfect:

Contact nenard at phase tech , he is the manufacturer and may know where to pick one up.
Jim

reynard said:
Contact nenard at phase tech , he is the manufacturer and may know where to pick one up.
Jim

I've called the number on the website a few times and left a message but can't get a call back.
Is he on here??
Tia

Nenad is a one man operation, he may be out in the field with no means of communication at the moment, Im sure he will get back to you when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts