GPX6000 Versus GPZ7000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey team.

Hope you all are keeping well.
I am currently deliberating between the 6000 and a second hand 7000, I cant seem to decide on what the best option is..
Any opinion would be appreciated.

NUGS.

Another very good call old hand. I'm on the south coast, NSW.

So I took the plunge and got the Z....The plan was to get the 6 and sell after a year or so to get the Z. Looks like I cut out the middle man, I know I'll be kicking myself after I see how much gold this new machine is finding, hah, oh well so much for plans..
Wouldn't mind keeping the poll rolling though.
Happy prospecting all. :goldnugget:

So you might be right about the weight there davent. When I Picked it up I was waiving it around thinking " It's not heavy, whats everyone complaining about''. Then at home after about 15 mins of playing dress ups I understood... Might have to wear the old back brace for this one :poop: and im only 33 haha.

Ide buy a zed tomorrow if it weighed as much as a 6 . Im only a skinny little bloke so it makes a difference to me.
Im pretty sure they could produce zed quality performance in a package like the new 6000 tomorrow if they wanted to but thats not good for future business.

6000 currently on consignment with dealers so unable to offer much or anything in the way of a package/deal.....
As one of the first to jump in on a Zed 6 years ago and paid full whack @ $10500 only to see them drop by a grand shortly after, I think I will wait a while until after the initial demand and hype.... just saying..

Now that its out there and we are seeing feedback, it seems to be what everyone wanted the 2300 to be but wasn't. It's not quite a GPX and not a GPZ. The SDC still fares well against it, but would have to say, being lighter, simpler - means the time of coil to the ground is probably more productive that lugging a zed or GPX and battery pack around.

condor22 said:
Have seen the 6000 in the GT, mate tried one for a few hours near Maryborough.

His opinion a tricked up 2300, seems to find the small stuff a little deeper than the 2300. No deep targets found to test that side. The big Q is; Is it worth $8 grand?

Really good on deep targets, 2300 not in the same ball park at all. Not even close..

Thanks everyone for your posts, there has been some very good arguments. I am also finding the polls very interesting (admittedly the poll could have been worded differently) I feel like it could still be helpful to others asking the same question.

I have to say I am feeling a slight sense of buyers remorse after my spontaneous Z purchase. I know the 6 will be lighting up gold other detectors just haven't been able to see. The fact that I pinged a few bits today makes me feel a little better. I managed to squeeze out four bits for .7 in 2 hours (including trying to figure out how to use the thing) The ground I worked I assume has been gone over many times by many detectors so I was happy with the result.
:Y: :goldnugget:

I just got a second hand zed this January, its amazing how good it is. I cant get near 20 with sensitivity though. I also had buyers remorse waiting for the 6K, but the proof is in the pudding. Its light years ahead of the old gpx series. Not so sure how far out in front of the 6K though! If at all.

NUGS MONEY said:
So you might be right about the weight there davent. When I Picked it up I was waiving it around thinking " It's not heavy, whats everyone complaining about''. Then at home after about 15 mins of playing dress ups I understood... Might have to wear the old back brace for this one :poop: and im only 33 haha.

If you get a hip stick, you'll find that the 7000 is as light as a feather. It's a really simple but really effective bit of kit.

Latest posts