Polaris HO 400 quad bike

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have heard various opinions on Polaris in general, mainly with their after sales service.
I'm looking at HO400 that o ly has 290km on it. It's a 2010. Bloke who owns it only uses it for spraying the perimeter of his 5 acre block.
Comes with a trailer.
I won't be flogging about, just need a quad to cover a bit of ground, as it's now way too hot to walk....anywhere lol.

So I'd really like to hear from people who have experience with polaris vehicles thanks.

Polaris are good bikes , the plastics don't stand up to farming like a Yamaha or Honda but plenty of polaris's around and don't hear to much negative about them, buy it :Y:

Sounds like a good quad well worth checking out with that little use. Iam very happy with mine . Dont need to go thru dealership if you know of a good bike mechanic. Read bad reports about most quads but dont know what sort of abuse they get . If you are like me you wont push it hard enough to break it .just keep it well serviced and you will get a good run out of it. Sure the Honda and Yammies are the pick if being used on a farm but the Polaris will do the job.

well I got a good deal on it, so its mine.
as pointed out, its plastics are pretty bad, but its a 10 year old bike.
No smoke, no oil leaks and no rust, so I will see how it goes. The trailer is a beauty, small, but rock solid. And ramps are included.

DaveNT

take it easy mate, the bloody things roll way too easily. If I were you I'd have an EPIRB in your pocket just incase, particularly if your on your own out prospecting.

I've ridden and use to race motor bikes most of my life.. was running 3rd in state titles at one stage - so I can ride. Bought a new Honda 4WD ATV a few years back and nearly went through a barbed fence the day it was delivered. Took it up the hilly side of my property only to realise I was riding on way to much of a decline and had to either turn up or downhill otherwise I was definitely going to roll. I went downhill and threw out all anchors, only just, and I mean only JUST pulled up short of a barbed fence :poop:

Be careful on it mate, they are a dangerous but fun and very handy beast ;)

Sounds like a good find dave,cuppla bits i can fill ya in on that pretty much make them bullet proof,can't be bothered typing it all,send a pm if ya interested,there's a cuppla mods that improve them no end.
That should be near the same as ours,we got the last of the carby models 13 400ho,motors a fuji 455cc,kehien cv carb.

BigL said:
DaveNT

take it easy mate, the bloody things roll way too easily. If I were you I'd have an EPIRB in your pocket just incase, particularly if your on your own out prospecting.

I've ridden and use to race motor bikes most of my life.. was running 3rd in state titles at one stage - so I can ride. Bought a new Honda 4WD ATV a few years back and nearly went through a barbed fence the day it was delivered. Took it up the hilly side of my property only to realise I was riding on way to much of a decline and had to either turn up or downhill otherwise I was definitely going to roll. I went downhill and threw out all anchors, only just, and I mean only JUST pulled up short of a barbed fence :poop:

Be careful on it mate, they are a dangerous but fun and very handy beast ;)

I haven't ridden a motorcycle for bloody years, I will be like an old Nana on the thing I think. I have rescued a bloke who rolled his quad a few years back, I'm very aware of how easy they are to roll.
Cheers

Goldchaser1 said:
Sounds like a good find dave,cuppla bits i can fill ya in on that pretty much make them bullet proof,can't be bothered typing it all,send a pm if ya interested,there's a cuppla mods that improve them no end.
That should be near the same as ours,we got the last of the carby models 13 400ho,motors a fuji 455cc,kehien cv carb.

Thanks mate, will do. Pick it up on Wednesday I think, on nightshirt atm.

Modern quads of decent brands Honda, Yamaha, polaris , can am are alot more stable than 8 years ago or the cheap Chinese nasty things.
I'm not saying they are idiot proof but they are twice as stable as the others and 3 time more stable than 15 years ago.
They are actually safer than horses and two wheelers but there's a million people using quads which makes for more accidents.

I was working on an island once when myself and a colleague borrowed a couple of those 3 wheeler ATVs from the client (single front wheel)

He went hooning past me on the beach.. flat out! Zig zagging everywhere, then it happened.. over he went, A over T big time. Was a ripper stack. Legs, arms and bike in all directions hahaha. He was ok

As from today it is illegal to sell a new or second hand quad bike unless a rollover protection device is fitted. Fines upto $500000.

Sounds like you got it in time.

That's for dealers.
How would anyone know if you sold a quad?
Not like you are signing over rego papers or anything.

Rollover protection was introduced for a reason.
Anyone that ignores it is a fool.
Nothing personal here btw. :/

I find it really sad that people applaud over regulation in this once free country.
Think back to when you were kids.
If the sea is really big and wild, don't swim in it or fish off the rocks.
Australia is the only country in the world to introduce this roll over stuff.
Quads for the most part are not toys, and Most people use them for the way they are meant to be used.
Those that roll them are usually pushing them a bit, or taking them to places that are questionable.
Common sense will prevent 95% of roll overs.
Legislation is getting out of control in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts