External Speaker For GPX4500?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just a question on the best external speaker for a GPX4500? Running a speaker booster at full volume, I have had two speakers from miners den and both have given up the ghost after only a few months! I'm thinking the speakers might not be able to handle the noise and vibration with the booster attached?
Does anyone else have this problem and what would be a good brand of speaker? Thanks.

G'day.

I have been using the GME SPK07 which came with the B&Z booster for about 4 years now. I did buy the Miner's Den one but haven't used it personally because it is for the 5000 and I use the B&Z on the 7000. GME make good speakers so you shouldn't have a problem and this particular model is a bit smaller than the Miner's Den one.

Whatever you buy you will need a soldering iron and know how to solder. When I repair any speaker cable breaks I make sure I put a knot in the cable so that cable cannot come out of the speaker case and stress the solder joint.

Regards Axtyr.