FNQ Detectorists

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just seeing how many other FNQ detectorists are on this forum. Also a chance for you to share your Hints, tips and aspirations for gold fossicking and detecting in our area.
For my part its to get a gold fossicking GPA within an hour or so radius from cairns.
Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Well, looks like 1/2 of you go more than 4hrs away. I am way further north that that ATM and for the first time in Coen. Just lots of tin in the creek so far !

NSS_Ian said:
Well, looks like 1/2 of you go more than 4hrs away. I am way further north that that ATM and for the first time in Coen. Just lots of tin in the creek so far !
Not far from my secret spot. ;) in my opinion you are closer the relatively easy to find gold than if you lived in Cairns.

Goldfreak said:
NSS_Ian said:
Not far from my secret spot. ;) in my opinion you are closer the relatively easy to find gold than if you lived in Cairns.
I will have a better go when Im in Coen next trip up there, finding the old mullock heaps is the key ! There was a LOT of gold taken out of the fields there. :eek:

Latest posts