My recent finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi people.

I've been away a while. Life throws us some curves etc.
Trying to get back into detecting. I am pretty keen but lockdowns are making it hard.

Been on a couple of short hunts, close to home on ground that's been flogged by myself and others. It's almost like starting as a beginner but I'm slowly getting my ear tuned in.

Haven't found a lot but here it is.

1631002334_fb_img_1630973426470.jpg

1631002334_fb_img_1630973420136.jpg

1631002334_20210906_203134.jpg

1631002335_img_20210905_205244_564.jpg

1631002486_fb_img_1631002472892.jpg

Hey there young fella... the real gold is seeing you here! .... nice finds too RJ !
:power: :cool: :Y:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. :D Brings a smile to my face. :D

Not sure if the penny hat is trench art. Modern ones are still made but it was found in an old site not a million miles from other trench art I've found. ;)

I have a big dilemma. I have been on a health kick and have lost 11 kilo since mid July. Also got my blood sugar under control. So the issue is... do I walk with the dog and get healthier or go detecting which is good for my mental health?

Been doing a little of both. Early morning walk with the horrid dog and short swings before dark.

I thought I was the only 1 who's a bit rusty after taking a break from the detector!

Is the ring gold mate?

Perhaps the compromise would be to attach a hang down tiny coil via harness under the dog, with the unit on its back... utilizing a gps function set to record weighpoints only when the doggie tecta records nice high old silver and copper targets. Thus you get to go detecting with the dog while it gets a good walk/detect... meanwhile the weighpoint function is bluetoothing over to your smart watch all the best co ordinates good old doggie has found for ya.
win win :p

silver said:
Perhaps the compromise would be to attach a hang down tiny coil via harness under the dog, with the unit on its back... utilizing a gps function set to record weighpoints only when the doggie tecta records nice high old silver and copper targets. Thus you get to go detecting with the dog while it gets a good walk/detect... meanwhile the weighpoint function is bluetoothing over to your smart watch all the best co ordinates good old doggie has found for ya.
win win :p

Can't take the dog detecting. He hates people and would eat someone while O wasn't watching.

Latest posts