You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Zuke_Lynzy
13 June 2014 08:31 am

You got a great deal there Wolf now you need to find a old quartz crushing site to rake over'

Wolfau
13 June 2014 01:43 pm

It's an impressive detector.

It zaps over small nuggets as well.

Going to test it were the ground is nearly bedrock and where I have found gold previously with my
other vlf.

Zuke_Lynzy
13 June 2014 03:02 pm

The trick is to get the gain as high as possible by increasing the SAT speed.
They are very impressive detectors and iv done quite well with mine the last few years.

gmt
01 July 2014 11:53 pm

Newbie wrote:

I am looking for others that maybe using the goldmaster.. Any one got tips or hints how you get the best out of the machine.

i have one.and love it.the best thing is to ring the coiltek gold centre in Meryborough' thay have gmt in there shop, and told me the setting for it .sorry for meryborough.thay do sell them as well.3 in store when i was there 5 mts a go, the little arrors on the gmt are for usa.not for vic.so the seting will not be the same.keep playing with it u will work it out..ps sorry its Dunolly not meryborough.i had big day out there went there to.got my miners rights at coiltek.ooop.lol thanks

Last edited by gmt (02 July 2014 12:40 am)

falcon
18 July 2014 05:44 pm

Is everyone using earphones ? I can,t stand the darn things I seem to end up in a complete tangle of detector,cord,pick and anything else within 5mtr of me. But perhaps I do need to use them as so far I haven't found any gold.Would love to hear other thoughts on this from more experienced operators especially.
Cheers

G0lddigg@
18 July 2014 05:49 pm

Hey falcon I definitely used earphones. Prior to that I didnt find any gold. I ended up buying a set of jogging earphones the ones that sit on the back of your neck. I would thread them through my jacket though. Def increased my tone sensitivity. Everyones different though.

*The real Gold is the Journey and the friends we make
Engineering Gold Sluices and Highbankers

Goldpick
19 July 2014 01:59 am

It's very hard to hear subtle threshold fluctuations without headphones, so they are a must on gold VLF's. Especially on windy days with lots of ambient noise, plus it helps your concentration without any outside distractions. Some people prefer full ear headphones to cut noise, especially during the colder months, but inner ear headphones are advantageous in summer months if you hate sweaty ears.

If you hate headphones, the other option was to run a pair of powered amplified speakers up near the arm cuff, from memory the ones some guys were using on the gmt were the small round Nokia units purchased off ebay. smile

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Equinox 600, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, XP MI-6, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

Zuke_Lynzy
19 July 2014 08:20 am

Have a look in GMT users resource at mods.

mbasko
19 July 2014 10:13 am

mbasko wrote:

I used Nokia MD-11 speakers when I had a GMT which I found had better audio than the stock internal speaker. The MD-11's have a built in amplifier & run on 3 x AAA batteries. Cost about $10 each. You can hook them up together to get a dual speaker set up or as many as you like. Each one has a socket to plug another one into. Downside is they don't have a volume control but I thought they worked well.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … eakers.jpg
Photo of my set up before selling cry Still see spots where it would be nice to have it. You could easily set them up to attach onto yourself if required.
Edit: I have these attached to the arm cuff screw on either side. They fitted there nice & neatly + weigh nothing that would worry your days swinging smile You also need a 6mm plug to 3.5mm socket adapter - about $2 or $3

falcon
21 July 2014 01:51 pm

Okay looks like I better start using the darn things

GMT Bandit
09 October 2014 09:46 pm

My old GMT was giving me a little trouble with bad ground balance. In desperation I called goldsearch for advice. Dean suggested checking the connections and giving the motherboard a clean. Sometimes dirt gets in and causes a bad ground balance alert. He even offered a loaner coil to test it. I don't usually write recommendations, but these guys went above and beyond. After reading some horror stories from people seeking help from the US I can only give these guys a big thumbs up!!!!!!!

SDC2300, Whites SPP, Whites GMT and Garrett pin pointer.

G0lddigg@
09 October 2014 09:51 pm

I had the same issue dodgy connection ended up re soldiering and peter at gold search replaced the coil a+

k man
09 October 2014 10:00 pm

I have also had excellent advice and service involving coil and noise problems. awesome guys.very honest and helpfull smile

Minelab F1A4 Mod2,Whites GMT,large sluice,mini sluice,turbo pan.plenty of patience

Metamorphic
Gone Walkabout
Gone Walkabout
22 October 2014 06:40 pm

Zuke_Lynzy wrote:

The trick is to get the gain as high as possible by increasing the SAT speed.
They are very impressive detectors and iv done quite well with mine the last few years.

Yes I would agree......I set my SAT nearly up full and increase gain till she starts to chatter in the hot ground, back it off half a turn and spot on!

The threshold hum from the fast SAT recovery is perfect and at 3/4 noise I can hear the slightest change even with no headphones in the middle of the bush.

The best VLF on the market without a doubt wink

I gave my minelab x-terra to the kids for coin shooting.

Last edited by Metamorphic (22 October 2014 06:43 pm)

(PMAV member) There is no better indication of a lot of gold, than a little gold - Sam Cash.

Zuke_Lynzy
22 October 2014 06:47 pm

Only drama by memory running the SAT speed so high like this is the iron grunt isn't as good, yes they are excellent detectors

Pig Iron
25 June 2016 12:33 pm

GMT Bandit wrote:

I've been out with my GMT about 5 or 6 times now. I've found everything but Gold. After reading this forum I tweaked my setting so I'm really confident if I'm over gold I'll get. Thanks for the tips guys!!!!

Hi GMT Bandit - Looking to get started and noted this thread. A little dated but wondering if you persevered with the GMT and how you find it. It looks like a reasonable entry level despite taking a while to tune and get used to. Anyway if you're still on the site or if others could let me know that would be a great help.

Pig Iron (Steve)

Ridge Runner
26 August 2016 04:07 am

Pig Iron wrote:
GMT Bandit wrote:

I've been out with my GMT about 5 or 6 times now. I've found everything but Gold. After reading this forum I tweaked my setting so I'm really confident if I'm over gold I'll get. Thanks for the tips guys!!!!

Hi GMT Bandit - Looking to get started and noted this thread. A little dated but wondering if you persevered with the GMT and how you find it. It looks like a reasonable entry level despite taking a while to tune and get used to. Anyway if you're still on the site or if others could let me know that would be a great help.

It is not an entry level machine, It is the top of the line machine for fine Gold, It has served people well over the years, There are newer higher frequency machines that have come out since but it GMT can still hang with them all, Since this thread was started 2 new machines have hit the market which is good but they all find Gold and every other thing in the ground too, The birth of better PI machines has had an impact on such machines but these Hot LF machines can still find the Gold and will for a long time yet.

Dig em all,

Lawal
19 November 2016 10:04 pm

Kindly help me,I have a GMT gold master... I set everything according to the manual and I try testing it inside my house..but it keep given the same sound..I place a metal and also a gold om the ground...it gives the same sound and I couldn't differentiate between the gold and the ordinary metal..the device keep given same sound everywhere

Ridge Runner
19 November 2016 10:06 pm

Lawal wrote:

Kindly help me,I have a GMT gold master... I set everything according to the manual and I try testing it inside my house..but it keep given the same sound..I place a metal and also a gold om the ground...it gives the same sound and I couldn't differentiate between the gold and the ordinary metal..the device keep given same sound everywhere

That's what it does, If you push the trigger forward it will make a sound like a Goose farting in the Fog when it goes over Iron.

John.

Dig em all,

2 users like this post: G0lddigg@, Billy

G0lddigg@
19 November 2016 10:10 pm

So its doing what it should now go find some gold

Lawal
19 November 2016 10:16 pm

I thought it was called goldmaster for a reason...it should be able to differentiate between a gold and ordinary metal..I thought the sound of a gold should be diffrent from ordinary metal?? Can someone put me through

Ridge Runner
19 November 2016 10:19 pm

Lawal wrote:

I thought it was called goldmaster for a reason...it should be able to differentiate between a gold and ordinary metal..I thought the sound of a gold should be diffrent from ordinary metal?? Can someone put me through

There is No such thing as a Gold Only machine, Gold Is metal and that is what it see's put a Nail on the Ground and a Gold Ring then push the trigger forward and then listen to the Machine and read the Iron Probability meter and Dig all targets that read below about 85%, Ok.

John.

Dig em all,

1 user likes this post: mbasko

G0lddigg@
19 November 2016 10:21 pm

You will have a hard time if you think any detector will tell you indefinitely what is gold vs junk. Its a metal detector learn the manual read it thrice dig every target its a great gold detector enjoy.

Lawal
19 November 2016 10:21 pm

Thanks John.. Really appreciate

Ridge Runner
19 November 2016 10:34 pm

Lawal wrote:

Thanks John.. Really appreciate

No worries mate, Even the most expensive machines see metal and not Gold, The skill comes to those who learn their machine well, You have a Machine that is meant to find Gold and it surely will find large and small Gold but it will also find other metals and then that is where the skill of the user comes in to play, Don't give up, Practice different setting and sweeping the coil over different metals and you will hear soft sounds and sharp sounds along with broken sounds and some spongy sounds caused by hot rocks etc and with the Trigger forward you will hear the Goose sound or like a Pig Grunting and that is Iron based metals that you do not want to dig, But if it makes that sound and the Iron meter is reading in the low 70's/very low 80s and below you might want to dig it just to be sure because Gold that is Iron stained can make the Iron Grunt sound, that's where the practice comes in, You have a good machine there so stick at it, Ok.

Good luck,

John.

Dig em all,

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site