Returned from active service medal - hoping to reunite with owner

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new on here and have got a find that I'm hoping someone may be able to assist with.

My son located a 'returned from active service' medal/badge in our backyard, which is within close proximity to an RAAF base which was used during the war. We are located in rural Victoria.

The badge itself appear to be brass, has K.CLUKE 1942 on the back of it and also has a number - A 71959.

I've found another thread amongst this forum of a similar find where they were able to discover who the item belonged to, but I'd appreciate some assistance or a point in the right direction if possible.

Thank you in advance for your help or interest.

As an update for those who may have had an interest in this post, I utilised the fantastic information on the National Archives of Australia website to locate the corresponding 'Returned from Active Service' book, which listed the name of the owner of this badge, a Mr Roy Harry Fischer, who served in WW2 for 5 years.

I have contacted his family through the use of Facebook and made arrangements to be able to return the badge along to his family.

My son, who is 7, was impressed with his find and is even more excited to be able to give a special piece of history back to Mr Fischer's family.

mrslynch said:
As an update for those who may have had an interest in this post, I utilised the fantastic information on the National Archives of Australia website to locate the corresponding 'Returned from Active Service' book, which listed the name of the owner of this badge, a Mr Roy Harry Fischer, who served in WW2 for 5 years.

I have contacted his family through the use of Facebook and made arrangements to be able to return the badge along to his family.

My son, who is 7, was impressed with his find and is even more excited to be able to give a special piece of history back to Mr Fischer's family.

Well done !

Great job, could you save some pictures of the front and back of the RAS Badge and pop them up in this thread please ?

It's great to see these things, good on the lad, Kato my daughter has done this too and now is working with State Records as a volunteer, also the local library.
She has a passion for history driven by finding and researching the past.

:Y: :trophy: :)

1627293451_img_3889.jpg

1627293452_img_3890.jpg

Latest posts