Darwin (N.T.) Northern Territory prospecting information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, ive recently moved to darwin and i want to try out my mine lab xterra 705

Ive herd pine creek is good and a few other spots i cant remember the names of, but where the hell do i start? Pine creek main street?? Haha

Im honestly not sure which direction to head or where to go and id like to Atleast know i was on the right track when i set out on my first adventure.

Does anyone have any information or any tips i could here from you or if your planning a weekend trip maybe i could come?

Feel free to chuck in your 2 cents
And i honestly appreciate any help i get.

Gday mate, im in darwin.
Where to start?
Department of mines and energy in the mall. As you enter the mall, from the mcdonalds side lights, its on the left hand side, near the sushi restaurant.
The staff are very helpful and will give you maps and directions to the two proposed fossicking areas, Margret diggings and spring hill south, both productive areas.
I think you will struggle with your machine,it is a good machine, but in the mineralised ground of those two areas, you really need a PI machine, like a GPX, or SDC2300, or a 2nd hand older model like a GP extreme or earlier GP GPX model.
There is also a facebook site called prospecting the territory, its a closed group, but a friendly group.
Also, the grove hill pub is having an end of month bbq, 29th october, most of the top end regulars will be having a drink there on that night, as it woll probably be the last drinks at the pub, its for sale, but no buyers.....owner is in his 80, s and calling last drinks. Be well worth going to.
cheers , dave.

Hi mate, see that you haven't got a response so I thought I'd try and help. Not being in or from NT I did a quick search and Top End Prospecting should be able to help you out on the Stuart Highway at Coolalinga and you could try the website at nt.gov.au and look for the program called STRIKE. This appears similar to the earthresources Geovic program I use for Victoria. Good luck.

Mick is atop bloke, he will send you in the right direction.
Top end prospecting owners name is also Mick, and is a good mate of mine. He is also a very good prospector, and will help you out as well.

Latest posts