Has anybody found anything large with the 6000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There's a lot of videos on you tube showing the 6000 finding little bits.where are all the one ouncer ups..or is it too early yet.

A mate of mine found this in WA with the 6000

1626320644_screenshot_20210715-131311_messages.jpg

dubbles said:
There's a lot of videos on you tube showing the 6000 finding little bits.where are all the one ouncer ups..or is it too early yet.
Too early IMO. Many are re-visiting old areas & just picking up the smaller bits that are still there.
It's doubtful too many deep big bits will come to light on ground previously covered with GPX/GPZ (or even SD/GP) but smaller pieces will be, even where the SDC has been due the GPX6000's extra punch on that sized gold at depth.
Anyone thinking it will miss larger gold though isn't thinking clearly about it. I've personally seen a deep specimen found with only 2-3 grams in it. It was a screamer so what's an ounce or bigger piece going to do? Also the depth on subgram gold is great - how's it going to miss bigger bits?
Until more people start to move away from their old digs & cover new ground + the 17" coil becomes available I don't think we'll see a lot of bigger pieces yet or maybe even a lot at all. Could take a year or so for the "clean up" phase to end?
It's a bit like when bigger coils for the GPZ became available & bigger Evo's etc. for the GPX. Many are still waiting for all the deep multi ounce pieces to grace the social media pages but alas it's mostly still all the same smaller sized <5-10 gram bits, a lot or most of that is still <1 gram?
Plus like fwdoz I don't believe a lot of people like to show larger finds or some any finds at all. When people do it's nice to see but I have no issue with those who don't.
Gold Catcher said:
The 11 inch coil does not punch as deep as my Zed with the NF-Zsearch.
Would you say that's on all gold sizes or bits of 1 gram+ up?

Thus far I have made this observation only with small gold (< 1g), but by no means can I draw any general conclusions. The 6/11 is an absolute killer for shallow and medium depth small gold, but the Z/NF appears to be more sensitive at depth and hears small stuff somewhat deeper. But I have only had my 6 for a few weeks and did not have much time to do more testing. I say small gold because that's mostly what I find around here. But I also think the NF is an awesome coil for the Z with good sensitivity and stability.

Gold Chaser said:
but by no means can I draw any general conclusions
:D You pretty much did with "The 11 inch coil does not punch as deep as my Zed with the NF-Zsearch" :p :lol: All good :Y:
It's funny that Norvic on Detector Prospector says he believes that the GPX6000 with GPX11 is in the same league as the GPZ with 10" X coil? A pretty good indication there IMO given his success with using the X coils that are reportedly very sensitive. Your observation shows that the NF Z Search is a capable coil in it's own right.
I haven't had a chance to do any comparisons but I do know I'm finding gold on areas I've done with the GPZ with standard 14" coil albeit some time later. I'm seeing the Zed advantages will widen on larger gold but not so much the smaller stuff. Really hoping that the 17" coil will close that up a bit too.
I think small gold is what most of us mostly find. Don't believe the myth that us Aussies are all lining our pockets with multi ounce lumps because that's becoming a rarity + some east coast fields small gold is the norm.

Begs the question how many are still out there to be found regardless of machine. Obviously enough you hear about the odd one, but most prospectors dont go telling the world either.

I mean I wouldnt. And that would go double if it was with a 6.

Any how, I do take the OP point, however any gold in quantity is worthwile, gram by gram or ounce at a time, the 6 wasnt a failure, I think the best might be yet to come.

Ded Driver said:
Goldchaser1 said:
Nothing real big but 50oz odd from our 7 & 6 the last 3 weeks.....
good going GC1
with the wide spread rain we've had over the last couple of months, how wet is the ground throughout the Kal/Nth Kal regions?

Haven't been around here for 3-4 weeks(enough said),just in town for supplies then back out for another 2-3,sides of the road look a bit wet in places,cupppa mates said it's been windy cold and miserable :|

davent said:
Wow, 50 oz in 3 weeks is awesome!

Yeah not complaining dave,feast or famine way out there patch hunting,it's not ya bread and butter country but it is untouched,have a bit of footage of it but that'll be later...

Yeah I have spoken with Norvic about this topic and he now uses mostly the 6000 despite having several X-coil options, as you mentioned. I am not a X-coil user myself, but I do believe there is a case to be made to make good use of both the 6000 and 7000 (with either X or NF). For now, the 6000 is my to go detector. But the 7000 with the NF is just such a great combination, with focus on power and depth, albeit with a fairly small coil in comparison to the 7/14 or the 7/19. Once the 6/17 comes out, let's see how it will measure up. However, for the small stuff I do believe that the 7/NF has a depth advantage over the 6/11, at least based on my own experience thus far.

Latest posts