Detecting Areas In QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to here and QLD. I am in Hervey Bay and have found that you can only detect in Clermont or Warwick and gimping. Am l wrong as this seems to be very little detecting areas compared to Victoria. I notice there is a very big band of gold areas from say Townsville through to Gympie and yet very little areas open for detecting. Anyone know why this is as in Vic we can go to all state forests.

Good luck to all regards, Mark

Would be nice to have a close area to go to as l have 3 discs in my back protruding and the exercise helps my back from stiffening up

Thanks Jaros, would you know the best way to get gps marks for mines as l am pretty new to this and also an old fart so not up to date with some of the tech around Any help would be great - thanks

If you have a gps capable phone or tablet you can get Trilobite app. Costs about 10 bucks a year and shows your position and all the old mines in the area on a map.

Thanks Dave79 and Simmo for your help. Doesnt look like that sight is available any more Simmo. Google wont take me to it but thanks anyway

Any great distance between the great divide and the sea seems to be old sea bed, so unless you've got a mountain in from you, or a river snakeing gems out to sea next to you.... just buy a thick hanky to catch all the tears while you put away some fuel money.